The Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination or HSEE is a national level entrance test conducted every year by Indian Institute of Technology Madras for admission to the master programme offered by the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) of the Institute. The test is completely computer based and is usually conducted in the second or third week of April in various cities across India. The HSEE started in the year 2006 coinciding with the launch of the M.A. programme at IIT Madras. This is the only test of its kind, which admits students to a five year integrated masters programme in humanities and social sciences subjects offered by an IIT.
- Integrated MA in Development Studies
- Integrated MA in English Studies
- Academic Qualification: Candidate who have passed or appearing in 10+2 examination or a equivalent exam from any recognized board with 60% marks aggregate is eligible to apply
- Date of Birth: Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1995 are eligible for HSEE 2020. However, in the case of SC, ST and PwD candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years
How to apply
Step 1: Candidates have to register themselves online
Step 2: Fill the application form
Step 3: Upload the Scanned Photographs, Signatures & relevant documents
Step 4: Pay the application fee
Part I covers the following topics: (i) English and Comprehension Skill; (ii) Analytical and Quantitative Ability; (iii) General Studies covering the areas of Indian Economy, Indian Society and Culture, World Affairs ; and (iv) Environment and Ecology.
Part II requires the candidates to write an essay on general topic involving description, or/and reflection or/and discussion.
For more information click the link given below
- Application start date: 11th December 2019
- Last date to apply: 22nd January 2020
- Application Status can be Checked from the HSEE website by Candidates – Starts: 17th February 2020
- Application Status can be Checked from the HSEE website by Candidates – Ends: 6th March 2020
- Admit Card: 18th March 2020
- Entrance Exam: 19th April 2020