IISST Thiruvananthapuram , BTech and Dual Degree Admission | 2018
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IISST), Thiruvananthapuram invites the applications for admission into B.Tech and B.Tech Dual Degree Programmes for the academic session 2018-19.
- The Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IISST), a Deemed to be University and an autonomous body under Dept. of Space (DOS) was formed in 2007 and is functioning form the 100-Acre campus at Valiamala.
Academic Programmes 2018-19 .
IISST offers a range of academic programs, namely B.Tech and M.Tech / MS doctoral and post-doctoral programs in areas related to Aerospace Engg, Avionics, Astronomy & Astrophysics, Chemistry, Earth System Sciences, Humanities, Mathematics, Physics and Remote Sensing with specific focus on space science and technology .
Courses Details :
IISST announces admission to the following undergraduate and dual degree programmes for the academic year 2018-19 to eligible Indian citizens:
- 4-Year for B. Tech Programme in Aerospace Engineering (60 Seats)
- 4-Year B.Tech Programme in Avionics (60 Seats)
- 5-Year Dual Degree (B.Tech and M.S./M.Tech) Programme (120 Seats)
Note: The 5-year Dual Degree Program leads to B.Tech degree in Engineering Physics and any of the following Post-Graduate degree specializations:
(i) M.S. in Solid State Physics
(ii) M.S. in Astronomy & Astrophysics
(iii) M.S. in Earth System Science and
(iv) M.Tech in Optical Engg (There is no exit option at the end of four years)
Candidates who are desirous in applying to the above academic programs in IISST must appear for the Joint Entrance Examination (Main)-2018 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi and JEE (Advanced)-2018 conducted by IITs .
Eligibility Criteria :
Applicants should make sure that they satisfy the criteria given below for applying for admission to B. Tech and the Dual degree programmes in IISST .
- Citizenship: Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for admission in IISST .
- Date of Birth: Candidates belonging to General category (GEN) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) categories must have been born on or after October 1, 1992.
- Qualifying Exam (10+2 or Equivalent): Candidates seeking admission to IIST should have passed their Qualifying Examination, with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects of the curriculum Candidates belonging to GEN & OBC categories must secure an aggregate of at least 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) in the qualifying exam and those belonging to SC/ST/PD should have an aggregate of at least 60% marks in PCM subjects in the qualifying examination.
The Qualifying Exam should be any of the following:
- The final exam of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as CBSE, New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Exam (ISCE), New Delhi, etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- Final Exam of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy
- Vocational Higher Secondary Exam.
- Sr. Sec School Exam conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects
- Any Public School/Board/University Exam in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by AIU
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Exam (London/Cambridge /Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level .
JEE (Main) and JEE (Advanced) - 2018 Exams :
Candidates should appear in the Joint Entrance Examination (Main)-2018 to qualify themselves to appear for Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced)-2018 conducted by IITs and secure the minimum prescribed category-wise marks as given into below :
- General (GEN) Candidates : At least 20 marks in aggregate and at least 5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
- Other Backward Community-Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) Candidates: At least 18% marks in aggregate and at least 4.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
- SC/ST and Persons with Disabilities (PD) Candidates: At least 10% marks in aggregate and at least 2.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
More details of JEE (Main)-2018 may be viewed at www.jeemain.nic.in
More details of JEE (Advanced)-2018 may be viewed at www.jeeadv.ac.in
Reservation of Seats :
Candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved based on relaxed criteria as per applicable rules of the Govt. of India. The categories included are:
(i) Scheduled Castes (SC) -15%
(ii) Scheduled Tribes (ST) -7.5%
(iii) Other Backward Castes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) -27%
(iv) Persons with Disabilities (PD) -3% (Horizontal Reservation)
How to Apply :
- For online registration of the application, the candidate should have access to a computer, a laser printer and Internet connection.
- To register open the online application portal www.iist.ac.in
- As performance, based financial assistance is provided by DOS to the students of IIST, ISRO/DOS will have the first right to absorb them, subject to the human resource requirements of ISRO/DOS.
- For more details, on absorption in ISRO/DOS, visit https://www.iist.ac.in/admissions/undergraduate.
- IISST Admission Rank list will be generated only for those candidates who register online for admission to IISST and satisfy all the eligibility criteria.
- Please note that IISST Admission Rank list will be prepared based on their JEE (Advanced)-2018 All-India Rank (including category rank). The IISST admission web portal for online registration will be open from 22 May 2018 to 5 June 2018 (up to 11 PM) .
Important Dates :
- IIST admission web portal for online registration will be open from 22 May 2018 to 5 June 2018 (up to 11 PM) .
- Release of Admission Brochure : 02nd May 2018 .
- Closing of Online Registration : 05th June 2018 .