The Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation is proud to announce the 7th annual Science Without Borders® Challenge. This international art competition engages students to promote the need to preserve, protect, and restore the world’s oceans and aquatic resources.
This international art competition is open to all students 11-19 years old. Students must be enrolled in primary or secondary school, or the home school equivalent.
Work will be judged in two categories, with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes awarded for each:
- 11 – 14 year-olds
- 15 – 19 year-olds
- 1st Place: $500
- 2nd Place: $350
- 3rd Place: $200
The theme for this year’s Science Without Borders® Challenge is “Connected Ocean: No Barriers, No Boundaries, No Borders.”
How to Apply
Candidates have to fill the form online and have to fill it before mailing the artwork.
All participants under the age of 13 must have a parent or guardian fill out the COPPA Notice Form and mail it in with your artwork.
Guidelines for Creating Artwork
- All artwork must be an original work by the contestant and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties. For instance, drawing a character from a cartoon or movie is not considered an original work
- The artwork must be 2D such as a painting or drawing. Acceptable media include: paint, pencil, marker, crayon, ink, felt, and oil pastel
- There is no minimum or maximum size requirements for the artwork
- All submissions must be made by an individual artist. Group submissions are not permitted.
- Write your first and last name and age in pencil on the back of your artwork. Also include the same teacher’s first and last name, email, and phone number that you listed on your Entry Form
- Place your signature on the front, right-hand corner of your artwork.
Submission of Artwork
You must send your original artwork. Digital copies of artwork are NOT permitted. All original artwork should be mailed to:
Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation
Science Without Borders® Challenge
P.O. Box 5913
Annapolis, MD 21403
- Apllication Start date: Already started
- Last date: 22 April 2019