Central Sector Scholarship Application Form 2018 is available from 23 July 2018. Candidates willing to apply for the scholarship can fill the application form through online mode only. Online Registration Has Been Started for Central Sector Scholarship. Every year, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India offers CSSS Scholarship.
To provide financial assistance to meritorious students from low income families to meet a part of their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies.
Students who are above 80th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream from the respective Board of Examination in Class XII of 10+2 pattern or equivalent and pursuing regular courses (not correspondence or distance mode) in Colleges/Institutions recognized by All India Council of Technical
Education, UGC Act, 1956, Medical Council of India, Dental Council of India and respective regulatory authorities and not availing benefit of any other scholarship scheme including State run scholarship schemes/Fee waiver and reimbursement scheme are eligible under the scheme. Students pursuing
Diploma courses are not eligible under the scheme.
Students belonging to reserved categories/weaker sections /minorities are eligible on the basis of merit, subject to Central Reservation Policy and internal earmarking. Reservations for the various categories are as follows :
- Scheduled Castes (SCs) 15 % ,
- Scheduled Tribes ( STs) 7.5 %,
- Other Backward Classes(OBCs) 27 % and horizontally 5 % for Physically Handicapped /Persons(s) with Disabilities (PwDs) in all the categories.
The online applications would be verified at two levels:
- By the Institute where the student is studying.
- By the respective State Education Board.
- Applicant is required to submit requisite documents, such as [ Class 12th mark sheet, Income Certificate] to the Institute.
- Application which is not verified either by the institute or by the concerned State Education Board or by both will be treated as „Invalid?.
- Merit list as per the State allocated quota would be generated from the verified applications.
Rate of Scholarship
- The rate of scholarship is Rs.10000/- per annum at Graduation level for first three years of College and University courses and Rs.20000/- per annum at PostGraduation level.
- Students pursuing professional courses, in case, where the duration of course is five (5) years/Integrated course would get Rs.20000/- per annum in the 4th and 5th year.
- However, students pursuing technical courses such as B.Tech., B.Engg would get scholarship up to graduation level.
- The parental/family income ceiling is Rs. 8 lakh per annum for all categories under the scheme and would be applicable from the Academic Session 2018-19.
- Income certificate would be required for the fresh applicants only.
How to Apply
Central Sector Scholarship application process has been started. Thi link to fill the application is given below. The form is also available on the National scholarhisp Portal.
Documents to be enclosed with the Central Sector Scholarhip Application form
- 12 Mark sheet
- Income certificate
- Aadhar card of the candidate (Mandatory)
- Under graduate course joining report duly signed by the head of the institution from where the corse is being pursued.
- Central Sector Scholarship application starts: 23 July 2018
- Central Sector Scholarship application ends: 31 October 2018