VIT Law School Admissions | 2018
VIT University Integrated BA LLB & BBA LLB (Hons) Admissions 2018- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Chennai invites applications for admission to 5-year Integrated Bachelor of Arts Bachelor of Law (B.A LL.B) Honours and Bachelor of Business Administration Bachelor of law (BBA LL.B) Honours Programs offered at VIT Law School, Chennai for the academic session 2018-19.
VIT School of Law
- (Offered in Chennai Campus only)
- VIT University, founded by the eminent educationist Dr. G. Viswanathan in the year 1984, maintains high academic standards and excels in research. The University aspires to be on par with the best institutions of the world.
- VIT School of Law [Approved by BCI No. -D 331/2014 (LE)] the progeny of VIT University, aims to impart quality legal education to nourish young minds with knowledge of law, teach them the nuances of the legal profession and equip them with the quintessence of the profession.
5-year Int. BA LLB (Hons.) / BBA LLB (Hons.) Programs
- Candidate should be a resident Indian nationaland should have studied regular full time and formal education in the preceding two years in schools located in India
- A pass in Higher Secondary Examconducted by the State/Central Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with a minimum of 60% overall aggregate
- The aggregate marks obtained in the subjects in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the following categories
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST
- Candidates hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura
Score Card: Candidate should have appeared for CLAT/LSAT/ Any other widely recognised Law test and should have secured an impressive score in each component of the test.
- 5-year Integrated Programs in
- B.A., LLB (Hons) &
- B.B.A., LLB (Hons)
Program Details :
B.A., LLB (Hons)
- VIT Law School offers 5-year integrated B.A., LLB (Hons.) program wherein subjects that fall under the domain of Arts and Law will be taught to the students.
- The curriculum of the Arts subjects such as Economics, Sociology and Political Science have been designed to have maximum interaction with law, which would guide the students in application of law in the real world.
BBA, LLB (Hons)
- VIT Law School offers BBA, LLB (Hons), which is a 5-year Integrated Program. More than 30 credits on Business Management are offered as part of the course
- Students who aspire to join the corporate world after graduation will have a better understanding of the corporate structure, its management and other features subjects such as Principles.
- VIT Law School offers specialized Honours in different subjects. Students can select any one of the Honours group with a minimum of eight papers under the group concerned. For e.g., if a student chooses Corporate Law as his/her specialization group, he/she will have to opt a minimum of eight subjects in Corporate Law
The list of Honours courses includes:
- Corporate Law
- Constitutional and Administrative Law
- International Law
- International Human Rights
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Criminal Law
- Selection is based on merit
- Marks secured in higher secondary school examination, and the performance in group discussion & personal interview are taken into account
- Weightage will be given for candidates who have good scores in National Level Law Entrance Examination
- Group Discussion / Personal Interview
- Tuition Fees in Rs.INR 162,000
- Caution Deposit (Refundable) (one time, payment) Rs. INR 1,000
- Total Fees for the first year in Rs. INR 163,000
- Interested candidates can apply for admission online by filling in the online application form available at the official website www.vit.ac.in
- Online Application: Candidates can apply online at www.vit.ac.in through the Net banking /Credit card/Debit card. Cost of Application Fee is Rs.700/-
- The application cost is non-refundable.
Kindly send the hardcopy of the filled-out application form, along with the below enclosures:
- Age proof Certificate/X marks sheet Copy
- XII mark sheet of all attempts
- CLAT/LSAT/ANY other valid Score card
- Community Certificate (only for SC/ST candidates)
- Nativity Certificate (only for candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and North eastern states)
For more information:
- Issue of Application Form: 04th April 2018
- Last Date of Submission of Application: 18th June 2018
- Publication of Shortlisted Candidates in Website: June 2018
- Tentative Date for Interview: June 2018 (09.00 am)
- Commencement of Classes for all Programs: July 2018