Government of Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell has released the online application for the MHT CET 2018 for admission to Undergraduate Professional Courses in Engineering/ Pharmacy for Academic year 2018-19.
Maharashtra MHT-CET 2018
Maharashtra Unaided Private Professional Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admissions and Fees) Act, 2015 (MAH XXVIII of 2015), the Competent Authority is conducting CET (MHT-CET 2018) for admissions to Engineering/Pharmacy Under Graduate Courses for Academic Year 2018-19.
CET for admission to First Year of full time Under Graduate Degree Courses in Engineering / Technology (B.E./B.Tech) and Pharmacy (B. Pharm/Pharm D.) in the Govt., Govt. Aided, University Managed, University Departments and Unaided Institutes in the Maharashtra State, as per the schedule.
Duration of the Courses
For admission to 4 year Duration Full Time Under Graduate Degree Courses in Engineering and Technology , Pharmacy and 5 year Duration Full Time Under Graduate Degree Course in Pharm D for the academic year 2018-19.
- Eligibility for admission to Engineering/Technology, Pharmacy, Pharm D. Courses:
- All the candidates passed/appearing at the qualifying exam i.e. HSC/12th Standard Exam or its equivalent exam and having Indian Nationality are eligible for appearing for MHT-CET 2018.
- There is no age limit for admission and appearing to MHT-CET 2018
How to Apply
The information brochure for MHTCET 2018 is available on web site
Candidate is advised to download and print the brochure.
For submission of online application form the candidates should login at website:
- For General Category: Candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J & K Migrant candidates Rs.800/-
- For Candidates of Backward Class: Categories [SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC] and Persons with Disability Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only - Rs.600/-
- Application form processing fees as stated above is to be paid through online system only by Internet Payment, Credit Card/ Debit Card (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards, etc for which the service charges, as per rules, shall be applicable in addition to the application form processing fees. No other mode of payment shall be permitted
- This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances
Syllabus and Pattern of MHT-CET 2018
Syllabus of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology for the MHT- CET 2018, is declared by Director, Technical Education, Mumbai vide Letter No. 2A/ADM/2017/1157 dated 04.10.2017 and is as follows:
- The questions will be based on Syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
- Approximately 20% weightage will be given to Std. XI curriculum and 80% weightage will be given to Std. XII curriculum while setting the question paper.
- There will be no Negative Marking, however difficulty level will be at par with the JEE (Main) for Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and difficulty level for Biology will be at par with NEET. The questions will be mainly application based.
- MHT-CET will consist of 3 question papers of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and each paper will be of 100 marks.
For more information: http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mhtcet2018
- Online Application form filling starts on: 18th January 2018 to 25th March 2018
- Online registration on & Confirmation of Application Form (with additional Late Fee of ?500/-): 26th March 2018 to 31st March 2018
- Issue of Hall Ticket (through Candidate login): 24th April 2018 to 10th May 2018
- Date of Exam of MHT- CET 2018: 10th May 2018
- Declaration of the Result: On or before: 03rd June 2018