The Rashtriya Indian Military College is an Inter Services Institute and a Category 'A' establishment of the Ministry of Defence alongside institutions like National Defence Academy, Khadakvasla, Officers' Training Academy, Chennai, and Indian Military Academy, Dehradun. The College provides public school education to young boys in the age group of 11 1/2 to 18 years specially selected through an All India competitive examination. A dedicated feeder to the National Defence Academy and the NAVAC Academy.The College aims to send maximum boys to the NDA/NAVAC. Hence it puts emphasis on complete education and all round personality development of the cadets. However in the event of a boy not joining the NDA due to any reason, the RIMC guarantees, through the five years of academic course, that he attains enough academic proficiency to get admission in any professional or any other college in the Country.
- Academic Qualification: Candidates (boys only) should either be studying in class 7th or passed class 7th from any recognized school at the time of admission to the RIMC i.e. 01 July 2020
- Age Limit: Candidates should not be less than 11.5 years in age but should not have attained the age of 13 years as on 01 July 2020.
For more information click the link given below
How to Apply
The prospectus-cum-application form and booklet of old question papers can be obtained by making online payment of Rs 600/- for general candidate & Rs 555/- for ST/SC candidates on RIMC website. On reciept of the payment the prospectus cum application form will be dispatched by speed post only.
The prospectus-cum-application form and booklet of old question papers can be obtained from the Rashtriya Indian Military College, Garhi Cantt, Dehradun, Uttarakhand Pin Code 248003 through speed post by forwarding self addresed slip and an account payee Bank Demand Draft of Rs 600/- for general candidates Rs 555/- for ST/SC cadidates alongwith caste certifiacte. The Demand Draft will be made in favour of "THE COMMANDANT RIMC DEHRADUN", BRANCH SBI TEL BHAWAN, DEHRADUN BANK CODE 01576, UTTARAKHAND. The address should be typed / written clearly in capital letters with pin code and contact number.
Applications in duplicate on prescribed form accompanied by documents to be attached with application form two passport size photographs, Domicile Certificate of the candidate, Birth Certificate issued by Municipal Corporation/Gram Panchayat, SC, ST Certificate and Certificate from principal of the School in original with photograph on it attested stating date of birth and in which Class studying. Application forms should reach the respective State Governments of which their parents /guardians are domicile of, by 30 Sep 2019. Kindly note the application forms must be sent to the State Govts and not to the Rashtriya Indian Military College, Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
Admission will be done on the basis of Written Exam, Viva Voce & Medical Examination.
- Written Examination:- The written part of the examination consists of three subjects i.e English (125 Marks), Mathematics (200 Marks), and General Knowledge (75 marks). To qualify, a candidate must obtain a minimum of 50 % marks in each subject.
- Viva Voce:- The oral examination consists of a Viva Voce test of 50 marks, which is designed to assess a candidate's intelligence, personality and confidence. The minimum passing marks will be 50%.
- Medical Examination:- All the candidates qualified after interview will undergo a medical examination at selected Military Hospital and only those candidates found medically fit will be considered for selection and admission to the RIMC.
Scholarships are granted by various state Govts to meritorious students. The amount of scholarships varies from state to state and is in between Rs. 10,000/- to Rs. 40,000/- per annum. Continuation of Scholarship once granted by the state is subject to merit, income and discipline of the cadet and his performance during the year.
- Application start date: Already Started
- Last date to Apply: 30th September 2019
- Written Examination: 1st December & 2nd December 2019
- Viva Voce: 7th April 2020