DRDO National Level Essay Competition 2017 is being offered by the Defence Research & Development Organisation, Ministry of Defence after accepting a proposal of young scientists of DRDO.
DRDO National Level Essay Competition is for the students pursuing schools Class to 12, college, undergraduate and postgraduate degree. The winners of DRDO National Level Essay Competition will be awarded Rs. 2,000 each and a certificate. The last date to submit the entry is 5 December 2017.
The applicants can submit only one entry of writing an essay either in English or Hindi language.
There are total 2 categories of the competition with different word limit as given below:
- Category 1: The maximum word limit of the category 1 is 1000.
- Category 2: The maximum word limit of the category 2 is 2000.
"DRDO: Achievements and Way Ahead"
- Gender- Both
- Region- All India
- Class/Age- Students from Class 8 to Postgraduate
Details- There are total 2 categories of the DRDO National Level Essay Competition 2017 and the eligibility criteria for participants under both categories are as under:
- Category 1: The applicants should be a student of secondary and senior secondary recognised school and should be studying in classes between & 12.
- Category 2: To participate under category 2, the applicants should be a student of recognised college or university or institute and must be pursuing graduation or post-graduation.
Top 60 applicants will be selected for prize distribution and online publication. The winner of DRDO National Level Essay Competition 2017 would be awarded as under:
- Total number of awards- 60
- Cash prize amount- Rs. 2,000 for each winner
- Other award- Certificate for each winner.
There is no registration/ entry fee to participate in DRDO National Level Essay Competition 2017.
How to Apply
To submit the DRDO National Level Essay Competition entry from through online mode, the applicants should fellow the steps given below:
Get recommended by the head of school/college,institute with sign and stamp.
Upload the Entry Form: The applicants have to upload the original essay, scanned copy of self-attested Students Identity Card, filled entry form and feedback form.
DRDO National Level Essay Competition 2017 Application- Email Mode
The candidates wishing to submit the DRDO National level Essay Competition entry form through email mode will have to follow the steps given below:
- Fill the entry form.
- Get recommended by the head of school/college,institute with sign and stamp.
- Attach the Entry Form and Essay: The applicants have to attach the original essay, scanned copy of self-attested Students Identity Card, filled entry form and feedback form.
Format of the Essay
- The essay should be typed on A4 size electronic page. The handwritten essay will also be accepted but the applicants should prefer the typed essay
- The font size of the essay should be 12 points English in Arial and 12 points Hindi in Mangal.
- There should be 1.5 interlinear spaces in the essay and should be margines of 1 inch on all the four sides.
Submission of the DRDO Application Form
The Students can submit the DRDO National Level Essay Competition 2017 application form until 5 December 2017. The candidates can submit the form either through online mode or through email, post mode. Submission of the application form in each mode is stated below:
- Online Mode: Submission of the entry form through online mode will be done on the official website of DRDO. The candidates do not have to send their application to any of the authority
- Email Mode: The applicants submitting the DRDO National Level Essay Competition entry form through email must write 'DRDO Essay Competition' as a subject of the email and email it at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Post:The students can also submit the application and essay through the post. Such participants have to write DRDO Essay Competition on the Envelope and send it through the post on the address given below:
Defence Scientific Information & Documentation Centre [DESIDOC]
Metcalfe House, Near Civil Lines, New Delhi,
First, the committee will screen and evaluate the submitted essays. Thereafter, the jury will examine the essays on the basis of following:
- Originality of ideas
- Sequence of presentation
- Clarity of the content and
- Creative writing skills
For more information, click the link given below;
- Last Date to Apply: 5 December,2017
- Winner announcement: January 2018