AIIMS is an autonomous institution that was founded in the year of 1956. The university conducts separate entrance exam for admission in B.Sc and M.Sc Nursing.
It is a national level entrance exam. The admission will be strictly based on the performance of the candidate in the entrance exam.
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) will conduct the entrance exam for admission into various Bachelor of Optometry / B.Sc (Hons) Medical Technology in Radiography / B.Sc (Hons) Nursing / B.Sc Nursing (Post-Basic) Courses for the academic year 2018-19.
- Bachelor of Optometry
- B.Sc (Hons) Para-Medical Courses viz.: B.Sc (Hons) Optometry (19), B.Sc (Hons) Medical Techn ology in Radiography
- B.Sc Nursing (Post-Certificate)
Duration of Course:
- Bachelor of Optometry: 4 years
- B.Sc(H) Medical Technology in Radiography: 3 years
- B.Sc (Hons) Nursing: 4 years
- B.Sc Nursing (Post-Basic): 2 years
List of AIIMS Centres in India:
- AIIMS New Delhi
- AIIMS Bhopal, MP
- AIIMS Patna, Bihar
- AIIMS Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- AIIMS Rishikesh, Uttarakhand
- AIIMS Raipur, Chattisgarh
- AIIMS Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
Candidate should carefully read the criteria before applying for any of the courses:
B.Sc. (Hons) Nursing
Bachelor in Optometry
B.Sc. (H) Medical Technology in Radiography Courses
A candidate is eligible to appear in Entrance Examination if he/she:
- is an Indian citizen.
- has attained or will attain the age of 17 (seventeen) years as on the 31st of December of the year of admission (2018). [ Candidate born on or after 2nd January, 2001 are NOT eligible to apply].
- has passed the 12th class under the 10+2 scheme/Senior School Certificate Examination or Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination from a recognized University/ Board of any Indian State with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Bachelor of Optometry & B.Sc (H) Medical Technology in Radiography:
- Candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and either Biology or Mathematics.
- He/She has a minimum aggregate marks required in qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 or equivalent:
- For B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing: 55% for Gen/OBC (50% in case of SCs/STs categories) in aggregate in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- For Bachelor of Optometry / B.Sc. (Hons.) Medical Technology in Radiography Courses : 50% for Gen / OBC (45% in case of SCs / STs Categories) in aggregate in English, Physics, Chemistry and either Biology OR Mathematics.
B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic):
The candidate must have :
- Passed 12th class under 10+2 system of education or an equivalent examination from a recognised Board/University. (Those who have passed 10+1 on or before 1986 are also eligible.)
- Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery from any institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council.
- Registration as nurse, RN, RM (registered nurse, registered midwife) with any State Nursing Council.
For more information:
How to Apply:
- Candidates can get the application form from the official portal of the conducting body. The AIIMS Nursing 2018 Application Form has been available through online mode. The online registration has been started from 23th March 2018 and have to upload the scanned copy of the photo, signature and left thumb impression.
- If the applicants are not able to comply then their application would be rejected.
- Admission will be made entirely on the basis of performance of candidates at the Entrance Examination to be conducted in Delhi/NCR.
The candidates can make the payment through Credit card/ debit card. Only one form is required to be submitted for multiple courses.
Steps to fill the AIIMS B.Sc Nursing Application Form:
For more information, click the link given below;
B.Sc (Hons) Nursing (Common to all AIIMS) & B.Sc (Hons) Para-Medical Courses:
- The seats will be filled strictly on merit on the basis of the marks secured by the candidates at the entrance exam conducted by the Institute
- The Entrance Exam will be conducted in English &/Or Hindi Language.
- Entrance Exam for B.Sc (Hons) Nursing for all AIIMS will be conducted in the following cities: Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Dehradun, Delhi, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur and Thiruvananthapuram.
- The Entrance Exam for B.Sc (Hons) Para-medical courses will be conducted only at Delhi.
B.Sc (Hons) Nursing (Common to all AIIMS):
One paper of 2 hours duration and consisting of four parts containing objective type (multiple choice) questions, with distribution of marks as under:
- Part A - Physics 30 marks
- Part B - Chemistry 30 marks
- Part C - Biology 30 marks
- Part D - General Knowledge 10 marks
B.Sc (Hons) Para-Medical courses:
- One paper of 1½ hours duration and consisting of objective type (multiple choice) questions in four parts of 30 questions each in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
- The candidate may attempt either Biology part or Mathematics part
- Based on the result of the entrance exam, separate merit lists will be prepared for the Gen, OBC, SC/ST categories.
- Date of Uploading Prospectus and Registration of Online Application through web portal: 23th March, 2018 .
- Last day to apply: 12 April , 2018 ( upto 5:00 pm)
- Availability of application status : 23rd April , 2018
- Last date for submission of required documents for Regularization : 2nd May , 2018
- Finalization of Centres and allotment of Roll Nos/ Admit Card on website: 16th May , 2018
- B.Sc Optometry/ B.Sc Nursing (Post Basic)/ B.Sc (H) in Radiology Entrance test: 2nd June , 2018
- B.Sc. (Hons) Nursing Entrance test: 24th June , 2018
- Result declaration Date: 29th June , 2018