JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2018 is conducted by Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) for admission to MBBS Course for the academic session 2018.
JIPMER MBBS 2019 Entrance Exam will be held on 2nd June 2019.
Duration of Course
Duration of the MBBS course is 4 years and 6 months as per the Academic Calendar of JIPMER followed by ONE year of Compulsory Rotatory Internship for award of Degree.
Distribution of seats
- Common Entrance Examination for 200 Seats (150 seats at JIPMER, Puducherry + 50 seats at JIPMER, Karaikal)
- All candidates should appear for the common entrance examination. Seats will be allotted as per merit order. Nomination / Sponsoring of candidates by Government /Non-Government institutions are not entertained under any circumstances.
- Nationality: The Applicant should be an Indian National / Overseas Citizen of India.
- Age Limit: He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the ageon or before 31st December 2019, the year of his/her admission to the first year M.B.B.S i.e. they should have been born on or before 01-01-2003. (Request for relaxation from the prescribed age limit will not be considered for any c ategory of applicants).
- No upper age limit.
- Acdemic Qualification: The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) or any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education
- Minimum Marks: The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology at the qualifying examination for general (UR) / EWSs category. (d) For PwD candidates in general category the minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry,Biology/ Biotechnology taken together in the qualifying examination is 45%. (e) For candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes / PwD, the minimum marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology taken together in the qualifying examination is 40%.
For full information about the Academic Qualifications according to reservation-Click here
How to Apply
Candidates seeking admission to entrance examination are required to apply on-line mode only. (Any other mode of application will not be accepted.)
- STEP 1: Registration
- STEP 2: Login
- STEP 3: Click "Go to Application Form" to fill the Application Form
For more clarification about the applying process-Click here!
Application Fees for each category is as mentioned below to be paid by the candidates using any one of the following mode of payment. No other mode of payment will be accepted.
- Net Banking
- Credt Card
- Debit Card
- For General (UR) & P-UR: Rs.1500/- plus Transaction Charges as applicable
- For OBC & P-OBC: Rs.1500/- plus Transaction Charges as applicable
- For SC/ST & P-SC: Rs.1200/- plus Transaction Charges as applicable
- For NRI/OCI Rs.3000/- + Transaction Charges as applicable
- For OPH & P-OPH Exempted from Application Fees.
- Entrance Examination will be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online] only.
- Duration: 2.5 Hours
- Exam will be held in two shifts: Morning Shift 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM and Afternoon Shift 3:00 PM to 5:30 PM
- The venue, time and shift of the examination will be communicated to the candidates in the Hall Ticket.
- No candidate will be permitted to appear in the examination unless he/she holds a valid "Hall ticket"issued by the Institute and a proof of his / her identification.
- Meduim: English Only
- Number of Questions: 200
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|English Language and Comprehension||10|
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10|
The questions for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination 2019 will be based on the syllabus as prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards.
Candidates are advised to go through the Mock Test for computer based Test (online examination). Link for mock test is available on JIPMER’s Website
For more information, click the link given below;
- Application starts from: 6 March 2019
- Last date to apply: 12 April 2019 (Friday) 5:00 PM
- Download Hall Ticket: 20 May 2019 to 2 June 2019
- Date of Entrance Examination: 02 June 2019
- Expected date of publication of Merit List: On or Before 21 June 2019