National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT), Noida invites applications for admission to B.Sc. Hospitality & Hotel Administration Programs (A full time Regular Course) for admission session 2018-19.
National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) and Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has published notification for NCHM JEE 2018.
About NCHMCT JEE 2018
- Admission for 2018-19 academic session in their joint collaborative 3-years (6 semesters) B.Sc. in Hospitality and Hotel Administration Degree Program which is delivered through the India's largest chain of the best Hotel Management Institutes affiliated to NCHMCT all over India viz IHM Pusa, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Goa, Lajpat, Nagpur and many more (total 58 number of IHMs).
- This is a full time, regular, job oriented program, equips with knowledge, technical skills, service aptitude and exposure of Hospitality Industry.
- The Bachelor of Science Program in Hospitality and Hotel Administration is offered jointly by the National Council for Hotel Management (NCHMCT) and the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- The 3 years (6 Semesters) course equips students with all the required skills, knowledge and attitude to efficiently discharge supervisory responsibilities in the Hospitality Sector.
- The program also involves in-depth laboratory work for students to acquire required knowledge and skill standards in the operational areas of Food Production, Food & Beverage Service, Front Office Operation and Housekeeping
- It also provides managerial inputs in Hotel Accountancy, Food Safety & Quality, HR Mgmt., Facility Planning, Financial Mgmt., Strategic Management, Tourism Marketing and Management.
- Academic Qualification: 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education of any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Sr. Education and Council for Indian School Certificate Exam or State Boards of Secondary Education
- Age Limit: For candidates from General and OBC categories, upper age limit is 22 years as on 01st July 2018 Candidates born on or after 01st July 1996 are eligible; in the case of SC & ST candidates, upper age limit is 25 years as on 01st July 2018.
- That is SC/ST candidates born on or after 01st July 1998 are eligible. Upper age limit for Physically Challenged candidates shall be reckoned as per the category he/she belongs to i.e. General/SC/ST/OBC.
- Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/Pre-University Certificate shall be the authentic proof that will be accepted.
- All qualified candidates will have to submit a physical fitness certificate at the time of admission from a Registered Medical Practitioner in the prescribed format given at ANNEXURE-I in the website ( www.nchm.nic.in )
Reservation of Seats
As per Government of India, rules candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved for them.
List published by the Govt. of India
- 15% for Scheduled Caste (SC) Category in Central and State IHMs
- 7½% for Scheduled Tribes (ST) Category in Central and State IHMs
- 27% for OBC (Central List) (Non-Creamy Layer) Category in Central IHMs
- 5% seats shall be reserved for Physically Disabled across board as per rules
- Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude (30 questions);
- Reasoning and Logical Deduction (30 questions);
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs (30 questions);
- English Language (60 questions) and
- Aptitude for Service Sector (50 questions)
Total No. of Questions: 200 and Duration of 3.00 Hours.
For any wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted
Written Test Centres for JEE-2018
- JEE-2018 will be held on 28th April 2018 from 10.00 am to 01.00 p.m., Candidates should report at exam venue 60 minutes before the commencement of the exam
- Candidates should choose any one Test Centre from the following 33 Test Centres for appearing in the Written Exam: Ahmedabad, Bangaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Dehradun, Gangtok, Goa, Gurdaspur, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hyderabad, Jammu, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Puducherry, Pune, Raipur, Shillong, Shimla, Siliguri, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram and Varanasi.
How to Apply
- Candidates apply through on-line from 24th December 2017 by remitting fee through payment gateway. For online application and other details, access website https://applyadmission.net/nchmjee2018
- There is no option of Off Line Application
- Rs.800/- for General/OBC categories and
- Rs.400/- for SC/ST & PD categories
- Admit Card to be downloaded from www.nchm.nic.in (Admit Card shall not be sent by post to any candidate)
- Candidate shall have to download the admit card (in duplicate) from 20th April 2018 to 28th April 2018
- Candidate should carefully check the Admit Card for all the entries made therein. Any discrepancy should immediately be brought to the notice of JEE CELL in the Council through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- One copy of Admit Card duly self attested to be deposited with invigilator for his/her signature and same be preserved & produced for appearing during Counselling while second copy of Admit Card is required to be retained at the exam centre
For more information visit the website www.nchm.nic.in
or information brochure- https://applyadmission.net/nchmjee2018/JeeBrochure2018-Eng.pdf
- Application Form Available Online: 24th December 2017 to 11th April 2018
- Last Date for Receipt of Filled-in Form: 11th April 2018
- Availability of Admit Cards on NCHMCT Website: 20th April 2018 onwards
- Written Examination (JEE 2018): 28th April 2018 (Saturday, 10.00 am to 01.00 pm)
- Timings of JEE 2018: 1000 Hrs to 1300 Hrs (3 hours)
- Result of JEE on Website: 03rd Week of May 2018
- Conduct of Counselling: 03rd week of May 2018
- Commencement of Academic Session: 25th July 2018.