An Act of Parliament in 1956 established the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) as an autonomous institution of national importance and defined its objectives and functions. By virtue of this Act, the Institute awards its own medical degrees and other academic distinctions.
The degrees awarded by the Institute under the All India Institute of Medical Sciences Act are recognized medical qualifications for the purpose of the Indian Medical Council Act and not withstanding anything contained therein, are deemed to be included in the first schedule of that Act, entitling the holders to the same privileges as those attached to the equivalent awards from the recognized Universities of India.
- For Basic Registration: Candidates who have passed / appearing / appeared in 12th class examination (in 10+2 scheme) or its equivalent with the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry, Biologyand desirous of applying for MBBS course of AIIMS.
- For MBBS course in 2019: Those who secure aggregate of 60% marks (50% for SC/ST, 45% for OPH) in English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology in 12th class examination (in 10+2 scheme) and fulfil other eligibility criteria.
For more information,click the link given below;
How to Apply
Before proceeding to fill the Application form, please ensure that you have the following information ready at hand:
- Valid E-mail ID and Mobile (These are essential for registration and subsequent communication).
- Personal details
- Valid Photo ID. This ID (in original) is required to be produced on the day of examination.
- Scanned/digital image of recent colour size photograph with white background (Click here for Instructions)
- Image of signature (Click here for Instructions) http://ugcourses.aiimsexams.org/Home/UploadImages#!
- Image of Left thumb impression
- Mark-sheet/Admit Card of Class 12/Class 10 (Board Exams)
- Category Certificate
- PWBD(Persons With Benchmark Disability) Certificate
For more information, click the link given below;
The candidate has to first register for PAAR Basic Registration. The PAAR basic registration is designed to allow a candidate to make a single unique basic registration that then can be used for taking any of the entrance examination for undergraduate courses conducted by AIIMS for year 2019 onwards.
- STEP 1: Fill in the Basic Details
- STEP 2: Upload Digital Images of Photographs, signature and thumb impression
- STEP 3: Print the registration form
- Basic registeration start date: 30 November 2018
- Basic registeration last date: 03 January 2019 (5.00 PM)
- Status update (Accepted & Not Accepted) of Basic Registration: 07 January 2019
- Correction of deficiencies in Basic Registration that are not Accepted: 08 January 2019 - 18 January 2019
- Final status (Accepted & Rejected) of Basic Registration for MBBS: 22 January 2019
- Generation of Code for Final Registration: 29 January 2019 - 17 February 2019 (05:00 PM)
- Final Registration: 21 February 2019 - 12 March 2019(05:00 PM)
- Admit Cards on AIIMS website: 15 May 2019
- Date of Examination: 25 May 2019 (Saturday) & 26 May 2019 (Sunday)