NTA will conduct JEE Mains in a Computer based mode twice a year. JEE Mains registration will start from 1st September, 2018 and will be available online.
JEE mains 2019 is an engineering entrance exam that is conducted by NTA for admission in NITs, IITs, IIITs and GFTIs. For the convenience of candidtaes, JEE will be held in Eight different slots, so that everybody gets the preferred city and centre. NO Changes will be made in JEE Main syllabus, exam Pattern and application fee. Candidates can appeare for both JEE Mains I and II
Changes in JEE Main 2019
- JEE Main will be held twice a year
- JEE 2019 will be held in Online Computer based test
- NTA JEE Practice Centres will be alloted from 1 September
- Students can appear for JEE main January and April Exam. Best scores out of the two will be considered for admission.
- Candidates will get the facility to choose the JEE Main exam date
- Age limit: Must have been born on or after October 1, 1993 (5 years relaxation forSC, ST and PwD)
- Minimum Marks(for admission in NITs, IIITs, IITs and CFTIs): 75% marks in aggregate (65% marks in aggregate for reserved Categories)
- Year of passing class 12th: passing after 2015 or appearing in 2018
- Total Number of attempts: 3
- Candidates applying for B.E./B. Tech should have studied Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology while candidates applying for B. Arch/B. Planning should have studied Mathematics in their +2 level.
JEE Mains Exam Pattern and Syllabus
NTA will be conducting JEE for both B.E or B.Tech and B.ARCH or B.Planning courses offered by various participating institutes. JEE Main Paper 1 will be held for admission to the B.E or B.Tech programmes while Paper 2 will be conducted for admission to the B.Arch or B.Planning courses. candidates can appear for both the papers.
|JEE Main Paper||Subjects||Type of questions|
|Paper 1 (B.E/B.Tech)||Physics, Chemistry, Maths||Objective type with equal weightage to Physics, Chemistry and Maths|
|Paper 2 (B.Arch/ B.Planning)||Maths- Part I, aptitude Test Part- II, Drawing Test Part III||Part I & II- Objective type Part III- Objective Type Questions to drawing aptutude|
JEE Main Paper 1 exam pattern
JEE Main Paper 2 exam pattern
The application process contains 7 steps to complete the JEE Main Application Form. They are:
- Registration through Aadhaar Number
- Fill Online Application Form
- Verification of Mobile Number and Email ID
- Uploading of Images
- Fee Payment
- Slot Booking (only for Computer Based Test)
- Printing of Acknowledgement Page
- JEE (Main) Paper-1(B.E./B.Tech.) or JEE (Main) Paper-2 (B.Arch./B.Planning) only: General/OBC-500; SC/ST/PwD/Girls/Transgender-250
- Both JEE (Main) Paper-1(B.E./B.Tech.) and JEE (Main) Paper-2 (B.Arch./B.Planning): General/OBC- 900; SC/ST/PwD/Girls/Transgender- 450
How to Apply
- Step 1: Fill in the Online Application Form- The candidate should supply all the details while filling the Online Application Form and is also required to create PASSWORD and choose Security Question and enter his/her Answer. For subsequent logins, candidate will be able to login directly with the respective system generated Application Number and created Password.
- Step 2: Upload Scanned Images of Candidate Photograph and Candidate Signature-Scanned photograph and signature should be in JPG/JPEG format.
- Size of scanned photograph should be between 10 kb to 200 kb.
- Size of scanned signature should be between 4 kb to 30 kb.
Note :Upload the correct Photograph and Signature as the facility for correction will not be given.
- Step 3: Pay Examination Fee by SBI MOPS (Net Banking/Debit/Credit Card/e-Challan)
For more information, click the link given below;
- JEE Main Application Begins: 1 September 2018
- JEE Main Last date to Apply: 30 Spetember 2018
- JEE Main Exam Date: 6 to 20 January 2019
- JEE Main Result: 31 January 2019