Indian Culinary Institute BBA Culinary Art Admission |2018
The main objective of setting up of the Indian Culinary Institute (ICI) is to institutionalize a mechanism to support efforts intended to preserve, document, promote and disseminate Indian Cuisine, meet the sectoral requirement of specialists specific to Indian Cuisine, as also of promoting Cuisine as a Niche Tourism product.
Course Offered :
- 3-year BBA in Culinary Art .
- The 3-Year (Six Semester) Program equips students with all the required skills, knowledge and attitude to efficiently discharge responsibilities in the Hospitality sector as chef/ kitchen management and Culinary Specialist .
- The Program is aimed to produce Chefs to cater hotel, hospitality and allied industry. In the hotel/hospitality industry, highest paid employee is Chef .
Eligibility criteria :
- A pass in 10+2 system of Senior Secondary Exam Or its equivalent from a recognised Board/Council With a minimum of 50% in case of General & OBC candidates and 45% in case of SC/ST candidates.
- Those appearing in 10+2 or equivalent exam can also appear in Entrance Exam 2018 on provisional basis. Provisional admission will stand cancelled if proof of having passed the qualifying exam(10+2 or its equivalent) scoring the required percentage of marks is not submitted at the time of admission orlatest by 30th September 2018.
- Qualifying Exams (10+2) Level for Indian Students (with a minimum of 50% in case of General And OBC candidates and 45% in case of SC/ST candidates).
- Plus two level exam in the 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education of any recognized Central/State Board, such as CBSE and CISCE or SBSE.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Exam Conducted by a recognized Board/ University General Certificate Education (GCE) Exam(London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level. High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
- Any Public School/Board/University Exams India or in a foreign country recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education.
- H.S.C. Vocational Exam Approved by NCVT and SCVT of concerned state.
Entrance Exam Pattern:
- The date of Written Test Exam is on Sunday 01st July 2018 (10.00 am to 12.00 noon).
- Candidate should report to the Exam Center at 09.00 am.
- Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude – 15 No. of Questions.
- Reasoning and Logical Deduction – 15 No. of Questions.
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs – 15 No. of Questions.
- English Language – 15No. of Questions.
- Aptitude for Service Sector – 40 No. of Questions.
- Total – 100No. of Questions .
- Duration of the Test – 02.00 Hrs.
- Question Paper will be bilingual i.e. in English and Hindi (except for English Language).
- Marking Scheme for (Entrance Exam) Written Test.
- Each correct answer under Numerical Ability & Analytical Aptitude, Reasoning & Logical Deduction,General Knowledge & Current Affairs and English Language components carry one mark.
- There is no negative mark.
- Written Test Centres.
- Applicants should choose any one Test Centre from the following 7 Test Centres for appearing in the Written Exam and indicate the same in the Entrance Exam Application Form in the appropriate column.
- Bangaluru, Chennai, Guwahati, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, New Delhi.
Application Process :
- Information Brochure can be downloaded from the website www.ici.nic.in and apply online from 16th May to 15th June 2018 .
- Confirmation sheet (i.e. print out of online application) alongwith photograph, other documents and payment of application fee through Demand Draft (DD in favour of ICI and payable at NOIDA) should be sent to following address so as to reach their latest by 21st June 2018.
- For General and OBC Candidates Rs.1000/-.
- For SC/ST/PD Candidates Rs.500/-.
- Admit Card should be downloaded by all the eligible candidates from the site www.ici.nic.inorwww.thims.gov.
in, from 23rd June 2018 onward .
- A consolidated centre wise list of the eligible list called for JEE written test will also be published in the ICI website www.ici.nic.in and NCHM’s website www.nchm.nic.in for information of the candidates .
Important Dates :
- Online Application Form: 16th May to 15th June 2018
- Last Date for applying online 15th June 2018
- Last Date of receipt of print of Application Form DD 21st June 2018
- Date of Examination: 01st July 2018
- Duration of Examination: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (3 hrs)
- Result of JEE and allotment of seat: 10th July 2018
- Commencement of Academic Session 01st August 2018