IISC Bangalore B.Sc. Research Admission 2018 : The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore has released an admission notification inviting applications from interested, eligible candidates to apply for its 4 years Bachelor of Science (Research) Program for the academic session 2018.
Details of Program
The Program is designed as a balanced blend of core science and interdisciplinary topics to serve as a platform for attractive career opportunities in academia and industry.
Students who complete the requirements for the award of the Bachelor of Science (Research) degree will have the option of getting a M.Sc. degree by studying at the Institute for a fifth year.
The four-year Bachelor of Science (Research) Program is organized into eight semesters. The final semester is devoted exclusively to a research project. The following major disciplines are available in the Bachelor of Science (Research) Program:
- Earth & Environmental Science
- Candidates who have completed their II PUC/12th Standard in 2017 and those who are expecting to complete their II PUC/12th Standard in 2018 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects during their II PUC/12th Standard.
- Candidates who have studied Biology, Statistics, Electronics, Computer Science, etc., in addition to Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics are also eligible to apply.
Based on the merit list of one of the following national examinations:
- KVPY-SA [appeared in 2016 and selected for the Fellowship]
- KVPY-SB [appeared in 2017 and selected for the Fellowship]
- KVPY-SX [appeared in 2017 and selected for the Fellowship],
- KVPY-SA and SX Fellows selected through the Empowerment Initiative for SC/ST candidates
- IIT-JEE-Main [appearing in 2018 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PwD)]
- IIT-JEE-Advanced [appearing in 2018 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PwD)]
- NEET-UG [appearing in 2018 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PwD)]
- The candidates must have secured a first class or 60% or equivalent grade (relaxed to pass class for SC/ST candidates) in the II PUC/12th Standard examination.
Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/Person with disability (PWD) and Kashmiri-Migrant (KM) candidates: As per Government of India regulations.
How to Apply
Application Forms (available only online)
- The online application may be prepared and submitted by accessing the IISc website www.iisc.ernet.in/ug during 01st February to 30th April 2018.
The application fee is Rs.500/- for GN/OBC/KM candidates and Rs.250/- for SC/ST/PWD categories; the fee is non refundable; any bank or payment gateway service charges must be borne by the applicant.
- Online Payment - Net-banking, Visa Card/Master Card, Debit/Credit Cards;
- Offline Payment - SBI Bank branches accept Challan payment across the country
For more detail visit website: http://www.iisc.ac.in
- Commencement of submission of online applications: 01st February 2018
- Last date for submission of online applications: 30th April 2018