University Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management (UIHTM), Panjab University, Chandigarh invites admission application for four-year programmes for the academic session 2017-18.
Panjab University Chandigarh conducts Panjab University Tourism & Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) for admission to Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM) at University Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management (UIHTM)
UIHTM offers four year programmes in:
- Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT)
- Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management (BTTM)
- Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology: 60+06 NRI
- Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management: 30+03 NRI
The admission to both the above courses will be on the basis of the Merit of Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) to be conducted by Panjab University.
- Academic Qualification: The Panjab University Tourism and Hospitality Aptitude Test (PUTHAT) shall be open to all such candidates who have passed (up to the Academic Session 2018-2019) in the 10+2 Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi or its equivalent Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University/ Council with not less than 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST/BC/PwD Categories) in the aggregate and English as one of the Compulsory Subjects.
- Sports quota: 5% seats of the total number of seats in each course are reserved under this category. No benefit on the basis of sports shall be given to the candidates not applying for admission in this category. Candidates are advised to visit website of Sports Department at www.sports.puchd.ac.in
- Total Questions: 100
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Medium of Exam: English
- Negative marking
|Components||Number of Questions|
|Current Affair and General Awareness||20|
The merit list of candidates appearing for PUTHAT shall be prepared on the basis of marks secured in the PUTHAT only.
For more information, click the link given below;
- General Category: Rs. 2175
- SC/ST/PwD Category: Rs. 1088
How to Apply
- STEP 1: Register Online
- STEP 2: Note down your Login ID and Password (login details will be sent on regsitered Email ID also)
- STEP 3: Take print out of fee challan (fee challan can also be downloaded from account using login id and password).
- STEP 4: Deposit fee using website generated fee challan at any branch of SBI , minimum one day after printing of fee challan.
- STEP 5: Login again after 24 Hrs. of depositing fee and upload scanned passport size photograph, signature, fill other important information and Save and Confirm. (Once you confirm the form, you will not be allowed to change information in the form).
- Applications for PUTHAT starts: March 05, 2019
- Last date for submission of information on the website to generate the Fee Challan: April 04, 2019
- Last date for deposit of fee in any State bank of India using website generated challan: April 08, 2019
- Last date for uploading of photograph, signatute with rest of the information: April 10, 2019
- Exam date: May 10, 2019
- Tentative date by which the result may be declared by the University: May 27, 2019
- Date for conduct of counselling: 1st counselling June 27, 2019 and 2nd Counselling July 05, 2019