Applications are invited from FEMALE CANDIDATES (only) for admission to 4 years B Sc. (Nursing) course commencing in 2018 at Colleges of Nursing of Armed Forces Medical Services. Based on the merit cum choice, (subject to vacancy in each College) the candidates will be awarded admission in Colleges of Nursing.
Selected candidates shall execute an agreement/Bond to serve in the Military Nursing Service (MNS) for 5 years.
On successful completion of Nursing Training (4years), the candidates will be granted permanent/short service commission in the Military Nursing Service, under the terms and conditions laid down for grant of such commission.
- Female candidates who are unmarried/divorcee/legally separated or widow without encumbrances.
- Nationality – Indian
- Date of Birth – Between 01 Oct 1993 to 30 Sep 2001 (both days inclusive).
- Educational Qualification – Candidates must have passed in the first attempt, Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or equivalent (12 Years schooling) examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology) and English with not less than 50% aggregate marks as a regular student from a Statutory /
- Recognized Board /University/ Examination Body. Candidates who will be appearing for final year of qualifying examination during the current academic session may also apply provisionally.
- Physical standards - Medical fitness will be determined as per standards applicable for commission in the Armed Forces. X-Ray examination of Chest and USG (of abdomen & pelvis) will be done. Minimum height should not be less than 148 cm (relaxed by 5cm in case of north East candidates). Details of medical standards can be seen in the Indian Army website http://www.joinindianarmy.nic.in/writereaddata/Portal/NotificationPDF/NOTIFICATION_OF_MILITARY_NURSING_SERVICE_COURSE_2018.pdf
- Eligible applicants will be called for an objective type written test of 90 minutes duration likely to be held in Feb 2018, covering General English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and General Intelligence.
- Candidates as per merit on the basis of written test will be called for interview during May 2018. Final selection will be based on combined merit of written test & interview, subject to medical fitness.
- Admission to Colleges of Nursing will be offered in accordance with the merit cum choice subject to vacancy in each College.
- After the interview, the recommended candidates will appear for medical examination before a Special Medical Board (SMB).
- Candidates declared FIT/UNFIT will be informed by the President of the Medical board including the procedure of requesting for APPEAL/REVIEW MEDICAL BOARD.
Written Examination Centres
Agra, Ambala, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chandimandir, Chennai, Danapur, Dehradun, Delhi, Guwahati, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jhansi, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Meerut, Mumbai, Secunderabad, Thiruvananthapuram, Ezhimala (Cannanore) , Pune and Wellington.
How to Apply
Candidates may apply online and pay the application fee online only
- The candidate’s E-mail ID is the user ID for this website and the candidate will select their own password. It is mandatory for the candidate to give one live contact mobile number for correspondence.
- Only the Eligible candidates will be able to pay the online application processing fee of Rs 150/- . On successful completion of online payment a bank reference number (DU Number) will be generated for the future correspondence of the candidate.
- (The last date for online submission of application & online payment of fees will be 30 Dec 2017).
- The admit card for the written test can be generated online by the candidate wef 15 Jan 2018.
- Receipt of DU Number is not the criteria for successful payment.
- For successful payment please check the account form which the transaction is done for deduction of the amount of the application fee.
- Always take the printout of the Payment done page with you and read it carefully before completing the submission of online application form.
- For receiving the admit card it is mandatory to have successful payment done and to enter the Correct DU number.
- It is candidate’s responsibility to ensure successful payment of the application processing fee.
- Applications sent by post will not be accepted.
NOTE: Reasons for rejection of Online application are Incomplete application, submission of more than one application, Non submission of online payment of Rs 150/- ( Rupees one hundred and fifty only)
- Indian Army BSc Nursing Online Application Starts: 11 December 2017
- Indian Army BSc Nursing Online Application Ends: 30 December 2017
- Indian Army BSc Nursing Admit Card Availability: from 15 January 2018
- Indian Army BSc Nursing Exam: Feb 2018
- Indian Army BSc Nursing Result Declaration: First week of March 2018