Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry | 2018
Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry, Solan, was established on 1st December, 1985 with the objective to promote education, research and extension education in the fields of Horticulture, Forestry and allied disciplines. Late Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar, the first Chief Minister and the architect of Himachal Pradesh perceived the importance of Horticulture and Forestry to develop and improve the State economy which led to the establishment of this University. Its history lies in erstwhile Himachal Agricultural College, Solan, established in 1962 and affiliated to the Panjab University.
Courses Offered :
i) B Sc (Hons) Horticulture 4-year Programme
ii) B Sc (Hons) Biotechnology 4-year Programme
iii) B.Sc. (Hons) Forestry 4 year Programme
Eligibility Criteria :
Minimum Qualification :
B.Sc. (Hons) Horticulture, Forestry, Biotechnology Program:
10+2 or equivalent examination with English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Mathematics from a recognized University/Board with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks (55% marks in case of SC/ST/ PH category candidates/ in-service nominees of HP) in the above subjects.
Examination of a University/Board/College/School in a foreign country recognized by the Academic Council as equivalent to 10+2 with science subjects provided the candidate has obtained at least 60% aggregate marks or 'B' grade/equivalent.
General Conditions/Instruction for admission:
- The candidate must bring all the original certificates on the day of registration.
- The nominees/sponsored candidates are exempted from the Entrance Test.
How to apply :
For more information :
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Form: 02nd June to 30th June 2018
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Form With Late Fee of Rs.1000/-: 08th June to 08th July 2018
- Date of Entrance Test: 16th June 2018
- Date of Notification of Result: 27th June 2018 after 5.00 PM
- Date of 1st Counselling: 04th July 2018at10.00 AM to 11th July 2018 at 10.00 AM
- Date of notification of Result of 1st Counselling: 06th July 2018
- Dates of depositing fee through online mode 06th July to 21st July 2018
- Dates of registration in the concerned college in person 20th to 21st July 2018
- Date of 2nd Counselling 26th July 2018
- Date of notification of result of 2nd counselling 30th July 2018
- Dates of depositing fee through online mode(for candidates selected in 2nd counselling): 30th July 2018
- Dates of registration in the concerned college in person(for candidates selected in 2nd counselling): 31st July 2018 to 01st August 2018
- Date of 3rd Counselling 04th August 2018
- Dates of notification of result of 3rd counselling 07th August 2018 after 5.00 PM
- Dates of depositing fee through online mode (for candidates selected in 3rd counselling): 07th August 2018
- Dates of registration in the concerned college in person(for candidates selected in 3rd counselling): 08th to 09th August 2018
- Commencement of Classes 23rd July 2018 .