GSAT 2018 Gitam Science Admission Test Notification - Gitam University Vishakhapatnam invites application for admission to Undergraduate and Postgraduate Science Programs commencing in the session 2018-19.
The UG/PG Science Programs are offered by Eight Departments of the Institute of Science located in Vishakhapatnam Campus; the course curricula of the programs are carefully designed to impart wide knowledge in the respective areas of specializations, suitable for placements in reputed organizations and for higher studies within and outside the country.
- Undergraduate and 5-years Integrated Programs:
- BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application)
- BEM (Bachelor of Environmental Management)
- B.Sc.(Bachelor of Science); B.Sc.(Maths, Physics, Chemistry); B.Sc. (Maths, Physics, Electronics); B.Sc. (Maths, Physics, Computer Science); B.Sc. (Maths, Statistics, Computer Science); B.Sc. (Maths, Electronics, Computer Science); B.Sc. (Biochemistry, Microbiology, Chemistry); B.Sc. (Biochemistry, Microbiology, Bioinformatics); B.Sc. (Biochemistry, Chemistry, Bioinformatics); B.Sc. (Biotechnology, Chemistry, Microbiology) and B.Sc. (Hons.) Food Technology
- Integrated M.Sc. in Biotechnology; Integrated M.Sc. in Chemistry (Sponsored by Laurus Labs)
- Candidates with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry at Intermediate / +2 only can apply.
- Requirement for admission to the above program is a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in group (optional) subjects in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates who are appearing for the final examinations in 2018 also eligible.
- Selection is based on the performance of candidates in GITAM Science Admission Test (GSAT-2018) to be held at various centers in Andhra Pradesh and other parts of India.
- Those who qualified will be intimated through mail/SMS.
How to Apply
- Applications can be downloaded from GITAM website www.gitam.edu
- Applications can be obtained by post, from Principal, GITAM Institute of Science by sending a request on plain paper giving the candidate’s name with complete mailing address, accompanied by DD for Rs.550/- (inclusive of Test fee Rs. 500/-) drawn in favour of GITAM payable at Visakhapatnam on any scheduled bank. Request by post will be accepted till 15th April 2018. The test fee for Five year Integrated M.Sc. Chemistry sponsored by Laurus Labs is Rs. 600/-.
- Candidates appearing for more than one test need to submit separate application along with the prescribed fee of Rs.500/- for each test.
Filled in applications along with attested copies of the following certificates and the prescribed fee of Rs.500/- or Rs. 600 as the case may be should reach the Principal, GITAM Institute of Science, GITAM, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam-530 045, A.P., India on or before 25.04.2018 for PG programs and on or before 21-05-2018 for UG and Integrated programs.
- Date of Birth extract of SSC / ICSE/CBSE / Matriculation certificate
- Degree / Provisional Certificate of the qualifying degree examination in the case of candidates appearing for PG programmes. Intermediate / 10 +2 certificate in the case of candidates appearing for UG programmes
- Caste Certificate issued by appropriate authority for claiming reservation under SC/ST
- Medical Certificate issued by appropriate authority for claiming under PH category.
- Last date for receipt of filled in applications : 21 May, 2018
- Test Date: 09 June, 2018.
- Announcement of test results(tentative): 16 June, 2018.