The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Bachelor's Admission Test (BAT) 2019 is an entrance exam conducted by TISS for admission into BA in Social Science Programmes and BA Hons. in Social Work. This three-year undergraduate liberal arts programme which was started in 2012 and focus on the humanistic aspects of social sciences blended with the logical reasoning of the natural sciences, with a combined emaphasis on the faculties of imagination and creativity as well as of rigorous and critical thinking.
Programmes and Intake
- BA Programmes in Social Sciences (Guwahati Off-capmus): 60 seats
- BA Programmes in Social Sciences (Tuljapur Off-campus): 40 seats
- BA (Hons) in Social Work in Rural Development (Tuljapur Off-campus): 40 seats
- Age limit: Candidate should be 23 years or less in age at the time of appearing for the Bachelors Admission Test, as on May 10, 2019. Applications from candidates over this age will not be entertained.
- Academic Qualification: Candidates who have appeared for their 12th class or Intermediate final exams and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply. Final pass result should be produced at the time of joining the programme, if selected.
How to Apply
- Candidates will enter the online application process by giving their authentic email id. To this email with a link to set a password and access the application.
- Candidates are expected to use the same email id and password for the entire process till the completion of the admission process.
- Candidates applying online will be asked to choose between two modes of payment 'Cash' or 'Payment Gateway' in the online application form. If the preferred mode of payment is 'Cash', a payment challan has to be downloaded from the 'Download Challan' tab. Deposit the cash amount mentioned on the challan in any branch of State Bank of India.
- The bank will return two copies of the challan copy (Student Copy and TISS Copy) with the bank’s seal, signature and journal number on it. Candidates have to then scan the 'TISS Copy' of the challan, login back to the online application system and upload it.
- Application fees of Rs. 1025 for General and OBC candidates and for eligible candidates ( SC/ ST and OBC(NC) family income less than 2.5lakhs and OBC-NC candidates with income less than 1 lakh) the fees would be Rs. 250 + bank charges can be paid online through Credit card/ Debit Card/ Online transaction.
- Other SC/ST candidates family income more than 2.5 laks the appication fee would be Rs. 500/-
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Total Marks: 100 marks
|PART A-||will be a 60 minute test with multiple choice questions on current affairs, social awareness and logical and analytical reasoning, carrying 60 marks.|
|PART B-||will be a written test with a set of descriptive questions in English. Candidat e is expected to write two short answers in 30 minutes carrying 40 marks. It is compulsory for the candidates to attempt both the parts and make sure that they qualify in both the modes.|
A demo version of the test and a model question will be available on www.campus.tiss.edusite one month prior to the entrance test, for the candidates to be familiar with the test. Model and marks of the entrance test for BA (Hons) in Social Work and B.A. in Social Sciences programmes admission process consists of two parts.
For more information regarding the Admission rules, click the link given below;
- TISS BAT application Starts: 30 October 2018
- Last date to Apply: 31 March 2019
- Issue of Admit Card: 11-12 April 2019
- BAT- Entrance Test: 28 April 2019
- Announcement of final results: 2nd week of June 2019