Forestry is an important and interesting subject of study. Forestry is an important and interesting subject of study.
Forestry and Wild Life go together since forests serve as home for Wildlife.
Specially trained personnel are therefore needed to maintain and regenerate the forest cover, forest wealth and resources. This involves the services of forestry specialists, forestry management experts and forest officers




  • Liking for outdoors, 
  • Spirit of adventure,
  • Good health, 
  • Stamina and physical fitness,
  • Patience, 
  • Scientific temperament, 
  • Practicality, Courage
  • Decision-making ability
  • Capacity to work long hours,
  • A genuine interest in the preservation of the natural environment 
  • Inclination for research and academic bent of mind,
  • Curiosity, excellent skills of observation
  • Interest in agriculture and geography




10+2 with PCB/PCM/PCMB




B. Sc. Forestry course can enable candidates to find jobs in different sectors like:


  • Outsourcing/Chartered Forester
  • Foreign jobs
  • NGOs
  • Private and Public Sectors
  • Self-employment
  • Banking sector
  • Academic institutions/universities and research institutions
  • Public sector organizations
  • Government jobs for B. Sc Forestry graduates




  • B.Sc. Forestry with Science
  • Masters level offers specialisation in subjects like Forest Management, Commercial Forestry, Forest Economics, Wood Science & Technology, Wildlife Science, Veterinary Science etc.
  • Those with Bachelors degree in related subjects can appear for Indian Forest Service exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission. 




Institutes under the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR):


Selection Process: AIEEA (The exam is conducted to fill 15% seats in Bachelor’s degree programmes)


  • Agriculture University (AU), Kota
  • Birsa Agricultural University (BAU), Ranchi, Jharkhand
  • Central Agricultural University (CAU), Imphal, Manipur
  • Dr Balasaheb Sawant Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth (Dr BSKKV), Dapoli, MS
  • Dr Panjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth (Dr PDKV), Akola, MS
  • Dr Yashwant Singh Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry (Dr YSPUH&F), Solan, HP
  • Jawaharlal Nehru Agricultural University (JNKVV), Jabalpur, MP
  • Kerala Agricultural University (KAU), Thrissur, Kerala
  • Navsari Agricultural University (NAU), Navsari, Gujarat
  • Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University (RLBCAU), Jhansi
  • Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology (SKUAS&T of K), Srinagar, J&K
  • Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU), Coimbatore, TN
  • University of Agricultural and Horticultural Sciences (UAHS), Shivamogga
  • University of Agricultural Sciences (UAS), Dharwad, Karnataka 


Birsa Agricultural University, Ranchi


  • Course- B Sc. (Hons) Forestry
  • Eligibility- 10+2 PCB/PCMMPCMB
  • Selection Process- 15% of total seats is filled by a Combined Competitive Entrance Examination conducted by I.C.A.R. V.C.I. at all India level and 85% of the total seats are filled by Jharkhand Combined Competitive Entrance Examination Board, Ranchi.


School of Forestry and Environment : Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology and Sciences (SHIATS), Allahabad


  • Course- B Sc. (Hons) Forestry
  • Eligibility- 10+2 PCB/PCMMPCMB
  • Selection Process- Entrance Test by College


Dr Yashwant Singh Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry, Solan


  • Course- B Sc. (Hons) Forestry
  • Eligibility- 10+2 PCB/PCM with 60% mark
  • Selection Process- Objective Type Entrance Test. 85% of the total seats are reserved for domicile of Himachal Pradesh and are filled through Entrance Test conducted by the university. The remaining 15% of the total seats are filled through nomination by ICAR on the basis of All India Entrance Test conducted by ICAR, New Delhi


Doon (PG) College of Agriculture Science and Technology, Dehradun


  • Course- B Sc Forestry
  • Eligibility- 10+2 PCB
  • Selection Process- Entrance Test by College


Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya : College of Agriculture, Jabalpur


  • Course- B Sc. Forestry
  • Eligibility-10+2 PCB/PCM/PCMB with 50% mark


Selection Process- Mode of admission


  • Qualifying Examination     
  • Pre Agriculture Test  (PAT)
  • Entrance Examination    
  • Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination  Board, Bhopal






Disclaimer: The information provided here is best to our knowledge. It is highly recommended that you should cross-check the source of information through the specific Colleges and Institutes. WonderSkool (WS Education Pvt Ltd) is in no way responsible for the decisions made solely on the basis of this document.