Animation is making of movies, games or cartoons by moving the drawings or models of animals or people with the help of computers or other electronic means. Time and space play a critical role in animation. Creating an idea, developing it into a story script and giving technical assistance to it, are the procedures in making an animation.
- Artistic bent of mind
- Passion and imaginative skills.
- Art of sketching or drawing
- Patience, discipline and dedication to work
- Sound understanding of anatomy of humans, animals or birds and body movements and lighting effects.
- Good communication skill
- Good sense of colour, proportion, size, design, visualizations, knowledge of background art and layout.
- Expertise in computer design software
10+2 Any Stream
- Layout Artist
- Clean-up Artist
- Scanner Operator
- Key Frame Animator
- Background Artist
- In-between Animator
- Digital Ink and Paint Artist
National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
- Eligibility: Age-Upper age limit for candidates is 20 years of age (relaxable by three years for reserved category)
- Selection Process: DAT (Design Aptitude Test) + Studio Test + Interview (Only for M.Des)
- There will be ONE question paper of 3 hours duration.
- The question paper will be in English.
- The question paper will carry a total of 100 marks.
- The question paper will consist of both objective and subjective type questions.
Studio Tests (Stage 2) for candidates of B.Des.
- The studio test may consist of different sections in different formats such as hands on practical assignments, etc.
- The Studio Tests will carry a total of 100 marks.
- The Test will be conducted in English.
Industrial Design Centre (IDC) ,IIT Bombay
- Course: B.des + M.des (5 Year)
- Eligibility: 10+2 with 60% marks and English as a Subject.
- Number of attempts: A candidate can attempt UCEED for a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years. Note that UCEED score is valid for one year, and only for admissions in the corresponding academic year.
- Selection Process: UCEED
Note: IDC School of Design previously known as Industrial Design Centre (IDC) at IIT Bombay has a well-established Master of Design degree (M. Des) programme in Industrial Design, Communication Design, Animation Design, Interaction Design & Mobility and Vehicle Design as well as a Ph. D programme in Design.
Birla Institute of Technology, Noida
- Eligibility: 10+2 in any stream
- Course: B.Sc. Animation
- Duration: 3 Years
- Admission Mode: 10+2 Marks+ Creativity Aptitude Test & Interview
Maya Academy of Advance Cinametics (MAAC)
- Eligibility: 10+2 + Basic knowledge of Computers.
- Selection criteria: Aptitude test & Personal interview
Fergusson College, Pune
- Eligibility: 12th grade pass students (H.S.C.) of any stream
- Admission Criteria: Admissions will be purely on merit basis.
- Course: B.Sc in Animation, B.Des in Animation
- Eligibility: 12th with any stream
- Admission Mode: CUDAT + Personal Interview
MIT Institute of Design, Pune
- Course: B.Des Animation Film Design
- Eligibility: 10+2 from any stream. (HSC, CBSE, ICSE, IB)
- Admission Mode: DAT (Design Aptitude Test)
Pearl Academy, New Delhi
- Course: Animation & VFX
- Eligibility: Candidates should have passed Class XII from any recognized board.
- Admission Mode: Pearl Aptitude Test
Chandigarh University, Gharuan
- Course: B.Sc in Animation, VFX and Gaming
- Eligibility: 10+2 or its equivalent examination in any stream conducted by a recognized Board / University / Council.
- Admission Mode: Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test (CUCET)
Amity University, Noida
- Course: BFA (Animation)
- Eligibility: 10+2 (min 50%)
- Selection Process: English Language Test + Creative Test
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
- Course: B.Des. Animation and VFX
- Exam Pathway: Minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th& 12th) (Any Stream)
- Non-Exam Pathway: Board Merit: - Minimum 60% marks in class X and XII (Any Stream)
- JEE MAIN/UCEED: Minimum 50% marks in class X and XII with valid JEE MAIN/UCEED scores.
- Selection Process: UPES Design Aptitude Test (UPES-DAT)
Some Global Institutes
- Nanyung Technological Univeristy, Singapore
- Sheridan Institute, Canada
- California Institute of Art, USA
- School of Visual Arts, USA
- Rhode Island School of Design, USA
- Royal College of Art, UK
- ENSAD, France
- Camera Obscura School of Art, Isreal
Disclaimer: The information provided here is best to our knowledge. It is highly recommended that you should cross-check the source of information through the specific Colleges and Institutes. WonderSkool (WS Education Pvt Ltd) is in no way responsible for the decisions made solely on the basis of this document.