Panjab University B.A./B.Com., LL.B (Hons.) Admission | 2018.
Panjab University, Chandigarh announces admissions for BA/B.Com., LLB Entrance Test 2018 for admission to B.A./B.Com LLB (Hons) 5 year Integrated course for 2018 session.
Duration: The duration of the above-said course/s is 5 years consisting of ten semesters (July-December; January-May)
- Any candidate who has already passed or appearing in March 2018 in the 10+2 Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi or its equivalent Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University/Council shall be eligible to appear in the Entrance Test.
- The candidature of a candidate who is appearing in 10+2 examination in March 2018, shall stand cancelled if s/he fails to pass or gets reappear or fails to secure the prescribed percentage of marks in the qualifying examination. Such candidate will not have any claim, whatsoever with regard to her/his admission to the above-said course/s.
Academic Qualification: Candidate should have passed 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of SC/ST/BC/PwD) from any recognized Board/University.
- The admission to the said course/s shall be on the basis of merit of Entrance Test and 10+2 marks and other admissible weightage.
- The candidates who have qualified Entrance Test have to submit duly filled admission Form, as per the guidelines.
- After declaration of result of Entrance Test, the Admission Form shall be available at Panjab University website http://uglaw.puchd.ac.in.
- Once the candidate has submitted the online Admission Form, any change in the form including category once marked shall not be allowed.
Final Merit will be prepared as under:
- B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) 5 years Integrated Course.
- Entrance Test: 50% + Qualifying Examination (+2): 50% + other admissible weightage.
- B.Com.LL.B. (Hons.) 5 years Integrated Course.
- Entrance Test: 50% + Qualifying Examination (+2): 50% With Weightage for commerce subjects and other admissible weightage.
- Weightage shall be given for the commerce subjects for admission to B.Com. LL.B.(Hons.) as per P.U.Calendar and other rules and regulations laid down by competent authorities/bodies of Panjab University from time to time.
Qualifying the Entrance Test shall not, ipso facto, entitle a candidate to get admission to an institution/Course concerned where s/he intends to seek admission.
It will be the sole responsibility of the candidate to fulfill all the eligibility conditions as may be prescribed for admission to said course/s in the rules and regulations of university/institution concerned.
The Entrance Test shall be based on ‘Legal and General Awareness’ as per the details given below:
Number of Question - 100
Marks allotted to each Question - 1 mark each
Marks deducted for each wrong answer - ¼
Total Marks for the paper - 100 marks
Duration of the Paper - 90 minutes
Out of these 100 questions, 60 questions will be based on Testing General Knowledge and Current Affairs, 20 Aptitude for Law, 10 Testing Mental Ability and rest of the 10 questions testing English Language.
The Question Paper will be available in English, Hindi and Punjabi (except for the portion “proficiency in English Language”).
Admit Card will be issued to the candidate only provisionally, at her/his sole risk and responsibility It is further clarified that as far as the eligibility is concerned, university shall, in no way, be responsible
If s/he is found to be ineligible, later on, it will lead to cancellation of her/his result and any other consequence/s emanating from the same
How to Apply:
Any candidate wishing to appear in the Entrance Test for seeking admission to the above-said course/s should submit an online Application Form
The Procedure and Guidelines for the same have been uploaded on Panjab University website uglaw.puchd.ac.in
The result of the Entrance Test could be downloaded from http://uglaw.puchd.ac.in. No separate Result Card will be issued. Only the eligible candidates can apply for the admission.
For more information:
- Availability of Prospectus and Entrance Test Form on the website of Panjab University begins on: March 28, 2018
- Last date for submission of information on the website to generate the Fee Challan: May 11, 2018
- Last date for deposit of fee in any branch of State Bank of India using website generated Challan: May 14, 2018 (Monday) upto 3:59 p.m.
- Last date for uploading of photograph, signature with rest of the information on the website for final submission: May 16, 2018
- Date of Entrance Test: June 07, 2018
- Centre for the Entrance test: Chandigarh Only
- Date of declaration of result: June 19, 2018
- Availability of Admission Form on the website : June 20, 2018
- Counselling starts from: July 19 , 2018
Availability of Admit Card Online:
Admit Card will be available for downloading from the website by the candidate using his/her own Login ID
and Password provided while generating Fee Challan. The candidates will be communicated through
email only for this purpose : May 28, 2018