HP University Shimla B. Tech Admissions | 2018
The Himachal Pradesh University was founded on July 22, 1970. It is located at Summer Hill which is at a distance of 5 kms from the main town, Shimla. The University is nestled amidst tall and lush green trees of deodars, oats, pines and rhododendrons. The location of the University presents a panoramic natural view among the woods, settled around Summer Hill. The camps where one half bathes in the fresh sun towards the east and another half in the grandeur of unique sunset on the West.
- Eligibility is 10+2 examor equivalent, passed with Physics, Mathematics and any one of the other elective subjects of a Board/University established by law in India with 50% marks orequivalent grade.
- For SC/ST candidate's eligibility will be 45% marks or equivalent grades.
- In case of candidates studying in University/Board/College or School in a foreign country, the eligibility/qualifying examwill be the same as recognized equivalent to 10+2 by the University orthe Association of Indian Universities with 50% marks in three subjects.
- ForSC/ST candidates, eligibility will be 45% marks or equivalent grades.
- Candidate should not be, more than twenty-two years (22) in age as on 1st July of the year of admission.
Duration of Courses:
The duration of B. Tech. Course in Information Technology and Computer Science Engineering shall be of 4years spread over 8 Semesters on full time basis for fresh entry candidates and be of 6 Semesters for Lateral Entry candidates (admitted directly in 2nd year)
Fresh Entry (1st Semester):
For Student Intake - 60+6*+ 2** + 3* + 2$ + 10 (for each branch).
Basis of Admission:
- For admission to all seats, a CET will be conducted by the University
- Separate Merit lists for HIMACHALI candidates (passing 10+2 from schools within HPU) and ALL INDIA candidates (Open to all Candidates) will be prepared
- 06 Seats are 10% of the sanctioned intake approved by the AICTE for the current year in B. Tech. IT & CSE each, over and above, to provide concession/program fee waiver for - Women,Economically Weaker Section & Physically Challenged meritorious students in the respective ratio of 2:3:1 as per AICTE norms
- 02 seats over & above is reserved for Single Girl Child (only child of parents, that too a girl)
- 03 Seats over and above are reserved for the wards of HPU Employee
- 10 seats over and above allotted for foreign students sponsored by the ICCR
- All the applicants are advised to read the Prospectus/information brochure of University Institute of Information Technology, H.P University, Shimla-171005 in format available on www.hpuiitshimla.org or www.uuit.ac.in & www.hpuniv.in, carefully and also ensure their eligibility in terms of the conditions/provisions mentioned in the information brochure.
- Please read these instructions carefully before proceeding with the ONLINE filling of B.Tech (IT/CSE) Entrance Application Form 2018.
Submission of Application Form:
- There is a separate, application form for lateral Entry into the B.Tech (IT/CSE) 2nd year; the lateral entry candidates are not required to fill online application form.
- They are advised to download the PDF format of application form for lateral entry scheme from UIIT website www.hpuiitshimla.org or www.hpuniv.in.
- Fill the form with the help of blue or black ball point pen and also attach two latest passport size photographs, attested copies of the certificate of Matric for verification of Age, Result card/Marks card of qualifying examination i.e. Diploma and SC/ST/PC Category certificate with this form, one stamped (ready for registered post) self-addressed envelope of size 9''x 4'' and a bank draft of Rs.1000/- in favour of Director UIIT, H.P. University Shimla-171005.
- If you are applying under Sponsored Category, attach Sponsorship Certificate and NOC from the employer.
- All the above enclosures should be enclosed in an envelope and same be submitted by post or by hand to "The Director, University Institute of Information Technology, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Bhawan, (II-Basement), Himachal Pradesh University,Summer Hill, Shimla, H.P.-171005".
- Application Form for lateral entry can be downloaded from UIIT website www.hpuiitshimla.org or www.uuit.ac.in.
For more information:
Date of activation of online submission form (Fresh entry & Lateral entry): 20th March 2018
Last Date of submission of application form 19th May 2018
Last date of correction in application form 22nd May 2018
Last Date for submission of PDF of application form in UIIT office: 25th May 2018
Activation of downloadable Admit Card: 28th May 2018
Date of Entrance test for Fresh entry: 03rd June 2018
Date of Declaration of Entrance Exam Result: 14th June 2018
Display of Counseling Schedule on UIIT website for fresh entry: 27th June 2018
Date of Commencement of Classes (for all semesters): 01st August 2018
Last date of admission: 18th August 2018
Last date of admission (with permission of Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor): 31st August 2018