Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to the 4-year (8-semester) full-time BHMCT (Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology) Programme at Mesra for the session 2018-22.
These online filled application forms will have to be sent to the office of the institute along with attached certificates mentioned below lasted by July of month 2018.
- 4-year (8 Semester) full time Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology Program and this program is approved by AICTE.
No. of Seats
Number of seats to be offered - 40
- Candidates must have passed Class 12/Intermediate or equivalent qualifying examination with 45% (40% for SC/ST) marks in Class 12/Intermediate or equivalent qualifying examination with English as a subject.
- Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 01st October 1993 in case of General/OBC category and 01st Oct. 1988 in case of SC/ST/PwD are eligible.
- Date of Birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board Class X (High School) certificate only will be considered as authentic
- Candidates with foreign diplomas should see the EdCIL website for equivalence (www.edcil.co.in), and if required should obtain an equivalence certificate from the evaluation division of the AIU (website www.aiuweb.org)
- In case any Board awards grades instead of marks, the calculation of equivalent marks would be based on the procedure prescribed by the Board
- At any level of the studies (Class X or Class XII), a candidate/applicant must have passed all the required subjects at that level from the same Board.
- Selection will be made on the basis of performance of the candidate in entrance test conducted by the Institute.
- BHMCT Program will be made on the basis of merit determined by marks obtained in Class 12/equivalent qualifying exam.
- For all programs at the Institute, which are supported by any of the respective State Govts. the reservation criteria for the state quota are as per the norms of the respective State Govt.
- For all other programs the reservation criteria for SC & ST are as per the statutory norms of Central Govt. (SC -15% & ST - 7.5%).
- The Institute observes statutory reservation for Persons with Disability (3%).
- Upto 1 seat may be allotted to the candidates who are Sons or Daughters of Kashmiri Migrant who otherwise have qualified for admissions; 50% of the total seats are reserved for candidates who have passed their qualifying exam (Class 12) from Jharkhand State.
How to Apply
- To apply for the programs, eligible candidates must download and print the application form available on the website www.bitmesra.ac.in
- Candidates must send the completed form along with two recent colour photographs (one pasted on the form and one attached by clip to the form), with photocopies of all mark-sheets, certificates
- To apply for the Hotel Management Program 2018, eligible candidates must complete and submit the application online only [available on Institute website]
- Pay Application Fee through State Bank Collect (any nationalized bank) of Rs.1500/- (General / OBC candidates) and Rs.1000/- (for SC/ST candidates). Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
For more details & information on how to apply, please visit official website:
- Filling of Online Form begins: 28th February 2018
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application Form: 15th June 2018
- Last date for Receipt of Printouts of duly Completed Forms at Mesra: 15th June 2018
- Date for Entrance Test: 08th July 2018 (10.00 am to 12.00 noon)
- Date of Interview: 08th July 2018 (02.00 pm onwards
- Declaration of 1st Provisional Selection List: 09th July 2018
- Classes will commence from the 3rd week of July 2018 (Exact date will be announced at later stage)