Through JEE (Advanced), IITs offer admission into undergraduate courses leading to a Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s or Bachelor-Master Dual Degree in Engineering, Sciences or Architecture. Both Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees are awarded to candidates enrolled in the dual degree programs upon successful completion of the course curriculum. In some of the IITs, students enrolled into the 4-year Bachelor’s program have the option to pursue B.Tech. (Honors) and/or B.Tech. with Minors. Dual Degree students may also pursue a Minor. Further, in some IITs B. Tech. students also have the option to pursue Interdisciplinary Dual Degree, with Bachelors in parent Department and Master’s in some other Department.
Some centrally funded institutes have used JEE (Advanced) ranks in the past. These include:
• Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc)
• Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) located in Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati
• Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram
• Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), Rae Bareli
• Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy, Visakhapatnam
SCHEDULE OF JEE (ADVANCED) 2020
The examination consists of two papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2) of three hours duration each.
Both the papers are compulsory. The examination will be held as per the following schedule:
Date of Examination Sunday, September 27, 2020
Paper 1 09:00 IST to 12:00 IST
Paper 2 14:30 IST to 17:30 IST
- Candidates should be among the top 2,50,000* successful candidates (including all categories) in B.E./B.Tech. Paper of JEE (Main) 2020.
- Candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1995. Five years relaxation is given to SC, ST and PwD candidates, i.e., these candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1990.
- A candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) maximum of two times in two consecutive years.
- A candidate should have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in either 2019 or 2020 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
Candidates MUST register for appearing in JEE (Advanced) 2020. Registration is only through the online registration portal where detailed instructions for registration will be provided.
For online registration https://jeeadv.nic.in/jeeadvapp/root/loginpage.aspx
Online registration begins Saturday, September 12, 2020 (Afternoon)
Online registration closes Thursday, September 17, 2020 17:00 IST
Last date for fee payment for registered candidates Friday, September 18, 2020 upto 17:00 IST
FOR DETAIL INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT---
REGISTRATION FEE FOR JEE (ADVANCED) 2020
Female Candidates (all categories) INR 1400
SC, ST, PwD Candidates INR 1400
All Other Candidates INR 2800
The JEE (Advanced) 2020 examination will be conducted only in the Computer Based Test (CBT) mode. To attain familiarity with the CBT mode candidates are advised to take mock tests available on the ebsite https://jeeadv.ac.in.
Total duration of each paper of JEE (Advanced) 2020 examination is of 3 hours (180 minutes) [4 hours (240 minutes) for PwD candidates] duration.