Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management (IITTM), Gwalior invites application from eligible candidates for admission to BBA Tourism and Travel Programme for the academic session 2018-21.
Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management (IITTM) is an autonomous body under Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India, is one of the premier Institutes in the country offering education, training, research and consultancy in the field of tourism, travel and allied sectors.
IITTM was established in 1983 and presently IITTM campuses are located at Gwalior, Bhubaneswar, Goa, Noida and Nellore. IITTM is a founder member of UN-ESCAP promoted Network of Asia-Pacific Educational and Training Institutes in Tourism (APETIT) IITTM is committed to developing quality human resources for tourism and allied services.
From 2016 onwards, IITTM is offering BBA (Tourism & Travel) Program from its centers viz. Gwalior, Noida, Bhubaneswar & Nellore (as per the MoU signed under the collaborative scheme of IGNT (Indira Gandhi National Tribal) University - Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India)
This program incorporates subject-specific and generic business modules and has been designed to reflect industry practices and academic developments. Moreover, this course has touched upon tourism as a business activity - the organization, dimensions, social significance and impact of tourism are studied.
IITTM has total 5 Campuses in India which are
- IITTM Gwailor
- IITTM Bhubaneswar
- IITTM Noida
- IITTM Goa
- IITTM Nellore
- Gwalior - 60 Seats [UR - 30, OBC - 16, SC - 09, ST - 05]
- Bhubaneswar- 60 Seats [UR - 30, OBC - 16, SC - 09, ST - 05]
- Noida - 60 Seats [UR - 30, OBC - 16, SC - 09, ST - 05]
- Nellore - 60 Seats [UR - 30, OBC - 16, SC - 09, ST - 05]
- Total - 240 Seats
- The candidates who have passed 10 + 2 examinations in any subject from a recognized University/ Board with a minimum of 50% marks for UR / OBC (45% for SC / ST / PWD) are eligible to apply for BBA (Tourism & Travel) program.
- SC/ST/OBC and Kashmiri Migrant students can avail of 5% relaxation in marks either at the qualifying examination or at the entrance examination. The concession cannot be availed at both levels.
- Reservation for SC, ST, OBC (under Non-creamy layer) and Physically Challenged candidates will be applicable as per Govt. of India rules. However, Physically challenged candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The candidates seeking admission to BBA (Tourism & Travel) program shall not be more than 22 Years as on 1st July, 2018 for UR / OBC. Five years relaxation in the age limit is allowed to the SC/ST / PWD candidates.
How to Apply
The total fee for BBA (Tourism & Travel) is Rs. 2,54,500/-. The students are required to deposit the fee semester wise, as per the following details:
i. First Semester - Rs. 59,500/-
ii. Second Semester - Rs. 40,000/-
iii. Third Semester - Rs. 35,000/-
iv. Fourth Semester - Rs. 45,000/-
v. Fifth Semester - Rs. 35,000/-
vi. Sixth Semester - Rs. 40,000/-
A candidate to be considered for admission in BBA (TTM) 2018-21 would have to participate in all the three components of the screening process, as mentioned below. If any case the candidate does not appear in one of components of the screening process will not included in the merit list. The admission in BBA (TT) would be strictly on the basis of overall performance of written test + GD + PI, as explained follows:
- Written Test: IGNTU IITTM Admission Test (IIAT) - 70%
- Group Discussion - 15%
- Personal Interview - 15%
Inter-se-merit will be determined on the basis of above out of maximum 100 marks, by moderating the score of written test into 70% of marks of total marks obtained by the candidate, as practiced by the institute.
- In case of two or more candidates have scored equal marks, the inter-se-merit of such candidates shall be determined based on higher score and thereafter older in age.
- In case the candidate fails to establish their eligibility by October 31, 2018, the admission would be cancelled and fees will be forfeited.
For more information: http://www.iittm.ac.in/main/admission%202015-2017.htm
- Last date of applying for BBA (Tourism & Travel): May 15, 2018
- Admission Test for BBA (Tourism & Travel): June 3, 2018
- GD and PI for all applicants (all centers): June 18-22, 2018
- Declaration of Merit List: June 29, 2018
- Last date for depositing of admission fee: July 14, 2018
- Declaration of seat allotment (for wait listed candidates): July 17, 2018
- Commencement of Academic Session: July 23, 2018