NDA Exam 2020 is an examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission twice a year for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA and Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC).
National Defence Academy
National Defence Academy at khadakwasla is a Defence Training Institute which imparts basic training for all three Services of Indian Armed Forces – Army, Air Force and Navy. India Males (NDA is not for females) who intend to join armed Forces can join NDA after 12th. To get into NDA, A three stage selection Procedure is followed, i.e. Written Exam, Service Selection Board Interview and Finally Medical examination. The selected candidates go through rigorous training for 3 years culminating in graduation with BA/BSc or BCs (Computer Science) degree of JNU Delhi (Apart from this the candidates are also trained in outdoor skills, like PT, Drills And games. The emphasis in NDA is on character building, mental and physical robustness, leadership and a sense of keen observation for leading the troops in the Battle field.
An examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on 06th September, 2020 for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA for the 146th Course, and for the 108th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) commencing from 2 nd July, 2021.
The NDA& NA Examination (I) 2020, which was scheduled to be held on 19.04.2020, was deferred against the backdrop of COVID-19 outbreak. Now, a common examination will be held for both NDA&NA Examination (I) and NDA& NA Examination (II) 2020 on September 6, 2020.
Candidates of NDA& NA Examination (I) 2020 who intend to apply for NDA& NA (II) Examination 2020 should note that their photograph, signature, choice of Centre & Photo ID as per NDA & NA (II) 2020 application will be utilised 2 for the purpose of allotment of centre and future referencing and they are advised to carry this ID while appearing for the examination. They should also note that any variation in photograph/signature/date of birth in two applications may entail cancellation of candidature for either of the two examinations or both. Such common candidates are required to indicate their unique RID of NDA&NA Examination (I) 2020 in the application form for NDA&NA Examination (II) 2020. The unique RID for NDA&NA Examination (I) 2020 was provided to each of them after submission of application for the examination earlier.
- For Army Wing of National Defence Academy :—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy :—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University
- Candidates appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for this examination.
Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd January, 2002 and not later than 1 st January, 2005 are eligible.
For more information click the link given below
How to apply
Step 1: Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website upsconline.nic.in
Step 2: Fill the application form carefully
Step 3: Upload the Photograph, Signature & select the examination centre
Step 4: Pay the application fee online through SBI Net banking or by cash through SBI bank challan or through credit card/debit card.
- Two-stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test has been introduced at Selection Centres/Air Force Selection Boards/Naval Selection Boards. All the candidates will be put to stage-one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres/Air Force Selection Boards/Naval Selection Boards. Only those candidates who qualify at stage one will be admitted to the second stage/remaining tests. Those candidates who qualify stage II will be required to submit the Original Certificates along with one photocopy each of: (i) Original Matriculation pass certificate or equivalent in support of date of birth, (ii) Original 10+2 pass certificate or equivalent in support of educational qualification.
- Candidates who appear before the Services Selection Board and undergo the test there, will do so at their own risk and will not be entitled to claim any compensation or other relief from Government in respect of any injury which they may sustain in the course of or as a result of any of the tests given to them at the Services Selection Board whether due to the negligence of any person or otherwise. Parents or guardians of the candidates will be required to sign a certificate to this effect.
- To be acceptable, candidates for the Army/Navy/Naval Academy and Air Force should secure the minimum qualifying marks separately in (i) Written examination as fixed by the Commission at their discretion and (ii) Officer Potentiality Test as fixed by the Services Selection Board at their discretion.
- Over and above candidates for the Air Force, and all the SSB qualified candidates as per their willingness, eligibility and preference for Air Force, should separately qualify the CPSS.
|MATHEMATICS||2.5 Hours||300 marks|
|General Ability Test||2.5 Hours||600 marks|
|SSB Test/Interview:||900 marks|
Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
For both writing and marking answers in the OMR sheet (Answer Sheet) candidates must use black ball pen only Pens with any other colour are prohibited.
Intelligence and Personality Test
The SSB procedure consists of two stage Selection process - stage I and stage II. Only those candidates who clear the stage I are permitted to appear for stage II. The details are:
- Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception * Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in OIR Test and PP&DT.
- Stage II Comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days.
The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admit Card will be made available on the UPSC website (upsconline.nic.in) for being downloaded by candidates.
- Application start date: 16th June, 2020
- Last date to apply: 6th July, 2020 till 6:00 PM
- Examination date: 6th September, 2020