Applications are invited for Chennai Mathematical Institute CMI Entrance Exam for admission to BSc, MSc and PhD 2018. CMI has released the notification for Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2018 for admission to the following courses:
Academic Program Offered at CMI
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Computer Science (3 year course).
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Physics (3 year course).
- M.Sc. in Mathematics
- M.Sc. in Applications of Mathematics
- M.Sc. in Computer Science
- Ph.D. in Mathematics
- Ph.D. in Computer Science
- Ph.D. in Physics
Note: There is a common entrance examination for both the B.Sc. (Hons.) Program. You need not select your course at the time of applying.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Computer Science: 12th standard or equivalent.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Physics: 12th standard or equivalent.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics: Undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, BE, BTech, …) with a strong background in mathematics.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science: Undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, BE, BTech, …) with a strong background in computer science.
- M.Sc. in Data Science: Undergraduate degree (BA, BSc, BE, BTech, …) with a background in mathematics/statistics/computer science.
How to Apply
- You may apply online or request a printed application form, either by post or in person.
- You can obtain application forms and information brochures by post. Please send a DD for Rs. 900/- in favor of Chennai Mathematical Institute, drawn on any bank, payable at Chennai to the following address, preferably by Speed Post or courier:
Attn: Request for Application Form 2018
Chennai Mathematical Institute
H1, SIPCOT IT Park, Siruseri
Kelambakkam 603103, Tamil Nadu
- Indicate clearly your name, address and the program(s) you are applying for.
- For B.Sc., you need not choose between B.Sc. (Hons) Mathematics and Computer Science and B.Sc. (Hons) Mathematics and Physics at the time of applying.
- For Online B.Sc. Applicants: Rs. 750
- For Offline Process: Rs. 900
Entrance Examination Schedule
The entrance examinations on Tuesday, May 15, 2018, are scheduled as follows:
- Morning session, 09:30-12:30
B.Sc. (common exam for B.Sc. (Hons) Mathematics and Computer Science, and B.Sc. (Hons) Mathematics and Physics)
- Admit Cards will be available online from 30 April, 2018.
There is no photograph or signature required for the Admit Card. You will have to carry a print out of the Admit Card to the Test Center along with a photo-identity card. The photo-identity card can be a government issued document like a passport, or an identity card, or a letter attested by your school/college/employer.
For more information: https://apply2018.cmi.ac.in/index.php
For information brochure:
- Applications open (online and paper): Monday, 5 March, 2018
- Last date of issue of paper applications : Friday, 6 April, 2018
- Last date to fill out online applications, (including online payments), and for paper applications to reach CMI : Saturday, 7 April, 2018, 23:59 IST
- Last date for updating DD details online : Tuesday, 10 April, 2018, 23:59 IST
- Last date for DDs to reach CMI : Monday, 16 April, 2018
- Admit Cards to be available online : Monday, 30 April, 2018
- Date of the Entrance Examination : Tuesday, 15 May, 2018
- Date of announcement of results : Before Tuesday, 19 June, 2018