Chennai Mathematical Institute is a centre of excellence for teaching and research in the mathematical sciences. It was founded in 1989 as a part of the SPIC Science Foundation, funded by the SPIC group in Chennai. Since 1996, it has been an autonomous institution
The main areas of research at CMI are Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics. In addition to a vibrant PhD programme, the Institute conducts BSc programmes in Mathematics and Computer Science as well as Mathematics and Physics, along with MSc programmes in Mathematics, Applications of Mathematics and Computer Science.
- Bachelor of Science honours in Maths & Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science honours in Maths & Physics
- Academic Qualification: Students who have already passed, or expect to pass in 2020, the 12th standard (or equivalent) examination from a recognized board are eligible for admission to the programme
How to apply
Step 1: Candidate have to register themselves online
Step 2: Fill the application form
Step 3: Upload the required documents
Step 4: Pay the application fee
The application fee for B.Sc programmes is 750/-
Admission will be done on the basis of Entrance Exam
The entrance examination is a test of aptitude for Mathematics at the 12th standard level, featuring both objective questions and problems drawn mostly from the following topics: arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and calculus.
- Admit Cards will be available online from 1 May, 2020.
- There is no photograph or signature required for the Admit Card. You will have to carry a print out of the Admit Card to the Test Centre along with a photo-identity card. The photo-identity card can be a government issued document like a passport, or an identity card, or a letter attested by your school/college/employer.
For more information click the link given below
- Application start date: 9th March 2020
- Last date to apply: 11th April 2020
- Admit Card: 1st May 2020
- Entrance Exam: 15th May 2020