The Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology (TIET) is one of India's oldest and finest educational institutions, which provides a steady source of highly skilled talent to the nation as well as overseas. Founded in 1956 with a campus spread across sprawling 250 acres, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, located in Patiala, has been a pioneer in engineering education, research and innovation. Our community involves ingenious minds solvers who are eager to make the world a better place to live in with their innovative techniques and discoveries.
- Bachelor of Engineering/ Bachelor of Technology
- B.Tech (Biotechnology)
- B.Tech (Biomedical Engineering)
- Academic Qualification: The candidate has passed 10+2 has passed 10+2 examination in 2017, 2018 or appearing in 2019 or equivalent examination with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST candidates) in aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Mathematics and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology and Technical Vocational subject OR Minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST candidates) marks in a Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3-year duration.
B.Tech(Biotechnology) & B.Tech(Biomedical Engineering)
- Academic Qualification: The candidate has passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST candidates) in aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
How to apply
Step 1: Register Online
Step 2: Check your email for login credentials. Click on the link in the email to login directly into your profile.
Step 3: Fill the Application form
Step 4: Pay the Application fee through the payment gateway
Application fee changes if you apply late starting application fee is 1500/-
Admission can be done by two modes
- Mode 1: Based on JEE Mains 2020 score for 70% of seats
- Mode 2: Based on 10+2 marks in PCM for 30% of seats
B.Tech (biotechnology) & B.Tech (Biomedical engineering)
- Mode 1: Based on NEET 2020 score for 70% of seats
- Mode 2: Based on 10+2 marks in PCB for 30% of the available seats
For more information click the link given below
Application start date: Already started
- Last date to apply: 29th April 2020
- Display of first list of selected candidates: 7th May 2020
- Deposit of fee by the candidates of first list & entry in the ‘Fee-Confirmation-Slip’: May 08- May 15, 2020
- Counselling for Mode-1 for 70% of seats on the basis of JEE Main 2020: 7th-9th July 2019
- Counselling for Mode-2 for 30% of seats on the basis of 10+2 PCM: June 24-25, 2020
- Last date to apply: 15th June 2020
- Application fee: 2000
- Last date to apply: 7th July 2020
- Application fee: 2500
- Last date to apply: 31st July 2020
- Application fee: 3000