The Indian Statistical Institute, known widely as ISI, was founded in 1931 by Professor Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis. Growing out of a small Statistical Laboratory set up by Professor Mahalanobis in the Presidency College in Kolkata, the Institute has undergone phenomenal growth and is now widely regarded as one of the leading institutions in the world as a centre for research and training in Statistics and related sciences. the Parliament of India, in 1995 empowered the Institute to grant degrees and diplomas also in Mathematics, Quantitative Economics, Computer Science and other subjects related to Statistics as may be determined by the Institute from time to time
- Bachelor of Statistics (hons) [Kolkata]
- Bachelor of Mathematics (hons) [Bengaluru]
- Academic Qualification: an applicant must have successfully completed 10+2 years of Higher Secondary Education (or its equivalent) with Mathematics and English as subjects.
How to apply
Step 1: Candidates have to register themselves online
Step 2: Fill the application form
Step 3: Upload the scanned photo, signature and required documents
Step 4: Pay the application fee
- ₹1250.00 for all Male applicants in the unreserved (General) category
- ₹750.00 for all Female applicants in the unreserved (General) category
- ₹625.00 for reserved (OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PwD) category candidates
Admission will be done on the basis of Entrance exam & Interview
There are two types of papers
- Paper 1: MCQ
- Paper 2: Descriptive
Test subject: Maths for both papers. It is Compulsory to give both paper.
The Admit Card(s) for the Admission Test along with the (unique) Registration Number will be generated around April 20, 2020. There will be a separate admit card for each test (forenoon and afternoon OR only forenoon) an applicant is required to take. Once the admit card(s) is/are generated, applicants will be notied by e-mail, after which they can download the same from the Dashboard of their account at the application portal.
For more information click the link given below
- Application start date: 14th February 2020
- Last date to apply: 6th March 2020
- Admit Card: 20th April 2020
- Entrance Exam: 10th May 2020