The Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani, recognized as an Institute of Eminence by MHRD, is India’s leading Institute of Higher Education and a deemed to be university, with an illustrious legacy, modern campuses and eminent alumni in leadership positions across the world. It is also India’s highest ranked non-Govt Institute as per QS Asia 2020 and QS India 2020. The qualities of innovation, enterprise, commitment to excellence, adherence to merit, and transparency, have characterized the Institute during its inexorable march to eminence.
Admissions to all the Integrated First Degree programmes of BITS, Pilani, at Pilani campus, Goa campus, and Hyderabad Campus for the academic year 2020-21 will be made on the basis of a Computer based Online Test conducted by BITS, Pilani.
BITS, Pilani – Pilani Campus
- B.E: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing.
BITS, Pilani – K. K. Birla Goa Campus
- B.E.: Chemical, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical
BITS, Pilani – Hyderabad Campus
- B.E: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical.
- For admission to all the above programmes except B. Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
- For admission to B. Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate proficiency in English. However, candidates with PCM may also apply for Pharmacy program.
- Academic Qualifications: The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology subjects.
- Direct Admission to Board Toppers: First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2020 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT-2020 score as per the eligibility criteria mentioned above. Further details about this scheme will be available at BITS admission website by 15th of May 2020.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should register their names for BITSAT-2019 by applying in the prescribed application form online.
- The password that a candidate enters (8 alphanumeric characters) during BITSAT registration process will be required for further accesses including writing the BITSAT. Hence, a candidate should keep it confidential. Also take the printout of the filled-in form for your future reference.
- English Proficiency
- Logical Reasoning
- Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm)
For more information click the link given below
- Application start date: Already started
- Last date to apply: 31st March 2020
- Revision/editing (online) in the application form by candidates : 1st – 6th April 2020
- Test center allotment and announcement to candidates : 9th April 2020
- Candidates to reserve Test date and slot : 10th April – 18th April 2020
- Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions : 20th April – 12th May 2020
- BITSAT Online tests : 16th May – 25th May 2020
- Apply for admission with 12th marksand Preferences : 18th May – 18th June 2020