National Institute of Design (NID) at Ahmedabad and at its Bengaluru and Gandhinagar campuses is an ‘Institute of National Importance’ as per the NID Act 2014 as well as an autonomous institute under the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India. As per the NID Act (18 of 2014), the institute is a statutory authority empowered to award its own degrees—Masters of Design (M.Des.) of two-and-a-half year duration and Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) of fouryear duration. (The Institute is also a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)).
National Institute of Design (NID) Entrance Examination is conducted annually by NID Ahmadabad for seeking admissions to various design courses at National Institute of Design, Ahmadabad, Gujarat.
Faculty of Communication Design
- Animation Film Design (19 seats)
- Exhibition Design (13 seats)
- Film & Video Communication (13 seats)
- Graphic Design (19 seats)
Faculty of Industrial Design
- Ceramic & Glass Design (13 seats)
- Furniture & Interior Design (13 seats)
- Product Design (19 seats)
Faculty of Textile, Apparel, Lifestyle and Accessory Design
- Textile Design (19 seats)
- Age Limit: Candidates who are born on or after 1st july 2000 are eligible to apply. There is some relaxation for ST/SC/PWD candidates.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates who have passed or will appear for 12th examination in the academic year 2019-20 in any stream from any recognised board of education such as CBSE, IB, ICSE or equivalent.
How to apply
Step 1: Candidates have to register themselves online on NID website
Step 2: Fill the application form
Step 3: Upload the documents and signature
Online payment mode
Candidates can pay the application fee through debit/ credit card after that take the print out of application form
Offline payment mode
Candidates have to prepare a demand draft in favour of 'All India Management Association' payable at New Delhi. Candidate must send the demand draft & a print out of application form in a single envelope to the following address
The project manager-CMS
All India Management Association
Management House, 15, Link Road
Lajpat Nagar Part 3, New Delhi 110024
Selection will be done on the basis of entrance exam
The Design Aptitude Tests will be conducted in two stages:
Stage 1: Design Aptitude Test (DAT) Prelims
Stage 2: Design Aptitude Test (DAT) Mains
30% weightage will be given to DAT Prelims & 70% to DAT Mains at the time admission
- The B.Des. DAT prelims paper is a 3 hour test of 100 marks which evaluates the Design aptitude of the candidate.
- Test will be pen and paper test. The questions may involve text and visuals
- The question paper is in English.
- Based on the scores obtained in the DAT Prelims, eligible candidates will be shortlisted for the DAT Mains.The DAT mains will consist of tests in multiple formats such in a studio set up. The tests will be conducted over three days.
- The total marks of the test will be out of 100.
- The tests will be conducted in English only.
For more information click link given below
- Application start date: 1st October 2019
- Last date to apply: 7th November 2019
- Admit card for DAT Prelim: 20th December 2019
- DAT Prelim exam: 29 December 2019
- Admit card for DAT Mains: 14 April 2020
- DAT Mains exam: 29 April to 3rd May 2020