BEE National Painting Competition 2019 for school children is conducted by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency. The Ministry of Power has launched the National Awareness Campaign in order to promote energy conservation in the country and as a part of it, the ministry organises a National Level Painting Competition on a theme related to the environment so as to spread awareness among the children about clean & green environment. The BEE National Painting Competition for students of class 4th to 9th is organized at three levels:
- School level
- State level
- National level
Students can apply through schools only not individually
Painting Competition divided into two categories:
Students are studying in class 4th, 5th & 6th can apply
Students are studying in class 7th, 8th & 9th can apply
Click the link given below for more information
How to Apply
Students can apply through schools only not individually. There is no participation fee
School have to select 2 best painting from category A & B and send those paintings at the address of respective Nodal Official of the State/UT and not on the addresses of Ministry of Power and Bureau of Energy Efficiency. Painting should be signed by the school principal if the painting is not signed by the principal it will be not accepted.
The back of the painting should carry the following information:
- Name of the Student
- Father’s/ Mother’s Name
- Standard/ Class
- Roll No.
- School name and postal Address
- Govt. School in Rural area (Write Yes or No)
- State/ UT
- School Tel. No./ Mobile No
- Signature of School Principal
Winner will be selected by the committee of experts/ Jury on the basis of:
- Relevance of the theme depicting the selected topics.
- Execution of concept/theme.
- Overall visual appeal, handling of given space and use of appropriate colour combination
|Category 'A'||Category 'B'|
|Be Aware, Use Energy with care||Imagine Developed Nation, Be Energy Saving Human|
|Support “Save Energy” fight, Otherwise, live without light.||Practice Energy Conservation, for future generation|
|Less the Energy Consumption, More the Money Saving.||Let Us Rise & Have Passion, Save Energy for Self & Nation|
- Competition will be held in their respective Schools
- Students can use any size of paper, but preferably A4 size drawing sheet
- The children can use Pencil, Pencil Colour, Crayons, Water Colour etc.
- The entry can be poster or a painting. Use of Collage/Patchwork is not permitted
- A common or separate committee/jury comprising of 5 to 7 renowned persons in Art, drawing teachers, officials from organizers and State government education department will be constituted by the Nodal officials for selecting up to 50 best paintings each for Group ‘A’ & ‘B’ out of the total numbers of the paintings sent by the respective School Principal of the State/UT.
- Nodal officials will also communicate with the respective school principals by 1st Nov, 2019 through letters, telephones, email etc. about the selection of their students and also request them to send the selected school student to participate in State level painting competition on 14th Nov, 2019 at the selected venue and timings. Tentatively, this venue may be the State capital.
- The selected students reporting at the venue of competition will be paid Rs 2000/- each in cash by the nodal official on the day of their participation at State level painting competition
The selected students are also to be requested to carry the following material:
- A letter from respective school principal certifying the student’s particulars or Identity Card.
- Latest passport size 2 Colored photograph
- Painting material: pencil, crayons, colored pencils, water colors.
- Drawing board etc. (The drawing sheet of size: 380 x 510 millimeters (approximately 15 x 20 inches) will be provided by the Nodal official)
- Nodal Officials will conduct the on-the-spot painting competition of 2 hours duration at the predetermined venue on 14th November 2019
The first, second and third prize winners of Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’ of the each State/UT level painting competition along with their guardian will be invited to Delhi to participate in the National Level Painting competition. In addition, each participating student will be paid a sum of 2000/- as incidentals and given a participation certificate
All the participants should carry the requisite drawing material, (except the drawing sheet which will be provided by the Nodal official) on their own, such as:
- Painting material: crayons, colored pencils, water colors.
- Drawing board etc.
|Prizes||Group 'A'||Group 'B'|
|Prizes||Group 'A'||Group 'B'|
|First||Rs. 1,00,000/- Plus Laptop & Fixed Deposit of Rs. 1,00,000/-||Rs. 1,00,000/- Plus Laptop & Fixed Deposit of Rs. 1,00,000/-|
|Second||Rs. 50,000/- Plus Laptop & Fixed Deposit of Rs. 50,000/-||Rs. 50,000/- Plus Laptop & Fixed Deposit of Rs. 50,000/-|
|Third||Rs. 30,000/ Plus Laptop & Fixed Deposit of Rs. 30,000/-||Rs. 30,000/ Plus Laptop & Fixed Deposit of Rs. 30,000/-|
|Consolation||15,000/- each||15,000/- each|
- Application start date: Already started
- Last date to submit drawing: 25th October 2019
- State level competition date: 14 November 2019
- National level competition date: 12 December 2019