NASA Space Settlement Contest 2018 is organized by NASAAmes in collaboration with National Space Society and seeks to give students an opportunity to design and applicable obbital space settlement model.
NASA Space Settlement contest is organized since 1994 and school students up to class 12 can participate in the contest individually or in a team, accompanied by the respective teacher.
Participants have to develop space settlement models & related materials and these design are sent to NASAAmes further for the selection procedure.
The contest comprises distinguished categories, and entries are placed under the specified categories, depending upon the eligibility criteria.
The models presented must be intellectually independent and permanent.
The Grand Prize Winner entry will be placed NASAAMes World Wide Website and the single highest team or individual will get cash prize worth $3,000.
- Gender- Any
- Region- Global
- Class/Age- Upto Class 12 [Upto 18 years]
- Details- Students up to class 12 can apply as individuals or a team accompanied and guided by the faculty member of the school.
NASA Space Settlement Contest comprises six categories that are mentioned below:
- 7th grade and under: individual, small group, large group
- 8th grade: individual, small group, large group,
- 9th grade: individual, small group, large group,
- 10th grade: individual, small group, large group,
- 11th grade: individual, small group, large group,
- 12th grade: individual, small group, large group,
Additional categories based on artistic and literary merit are also included in the contest.
- Grand Prize worth $3000.
- Invitation for the Conference: All the participants of the 2018 contest will get an invitation from The National Space Society NSS 37th annual International Development Conference [ISDC] in Los Angeles, USA MAy 24-27, 2018. All the costs for attending have to be borne by the students.
How to Apply
The students cannot submit their project online or through e-mail, only hard copy submission is allowed. Students have to fill the application form of NASAAmes Space Settlement Contest to submit their project. Students can click on the following link to fill the application form.
There is no registration required and no fee has to be paid, only the students have to send two filled up entry forms along with the one hard copy of the entry that they have prepared on the relevant topic to the following address:
NASA Ames Research Center
Al Globus/MAil Stop 262-4
Bldg. 262, Rm. 277
Moffett Field, CA 94035-0001
- All submissions must be received by February 15, 2018.