National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is being conducted by COA since 2006, in terms of the provisions of CoA (Minimum Standards of Architectural Education) Regulations, 1983, published in the Gazette of India.
CoA has further decided to conduct the test twice a year, thus giving opportunity to those students who miss out the first test due to some reason or other and to improve upon their NATA score in the first test by re-appearing the second test. Both the first and second test will be conducted on a different date as a one-day online examination all over the country. NATA Exam is compulsory for taking admission to any Architectural College or course in India (Except NITs & IITs)
- NITs base admission into B.Arch on the basis of JEE Main Paper 2
- IITs offer admission into B.Arch on the basis of Architecture Aptitude Test.
- Academic Qualification: Passed 10+2 scheme of examination with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also 50% marks in aggregate at 10+2 level examination; (those appearing the 10+2 exam with PCM subjects in the current year may also provisionally appear in the exam, however, their result in NATA-2019 will be declared valid subject to fulfilling the above criteria).
NOTE: QUALIFYING IN NATA-2019 DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A RIGHT/ GUARANTEE IN FAVOUR OF THE CANDIDATE FOR HIS/HER ADMISSION TO ANY ARCHITECTURE COURSE UNLESS HE/SHE HAS FULFILLED ALL THE PRESCRIBED REQUIREMENTS AS SPECIFIED BY RESPECTIVE COUNSELLING AND ADMISSION AUTHORITIES.
|Subject||Distribution of Marks||Total Marks|
|Mathematics (20 Questions Carrying 2 marks each)||20x2||40|
|General Aptitude (40 Questions carrying 2 marks each)||40x2||80|
|Drawing (2 Questions carrying 40 marks each)||2x40||80|
How to Apply
- Step 1: Fill in the Application form
- Step 2: Image Uploading and Signature
- Step 3: Application Fee Details, payment through EPG only
- Step 4: Confirmation Page (A proof of REGISTRATION): The Confirmation Page is generated upon successful payment of Application Fee. Its generation means that the candidate has been successfully REGISTERED.
- Step 5: Discrepancy and correction
- Irrespective of his/her gender, a candidate applying for NATA– 2019, either first test or second test, has to pay : 1800 INR
- In case the Candidate wishes to appear for both first and second test, he/she shall deposit: 3500 INR
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category need to deposit Rs 1500/- for either first or second test and Rs 2800/- for appearing in both the tests through online mode.
- For each Applicant, an Admit Card will be generated according to the schedule notified indicating the allotted Examination Centre for NATA – 2019 and a downloadable version of the admit card will be published on the respective webpage of the candidate concerned. An Examination Roll Number will also be generated for each candidate.
- Candidate has to download the soft copy of the Admit Card from the website and has to appear in the examination with a printed hard copy at the concerned Examination Centre indicated in the downloaded Admit Card along with one original photo identity card- Voter Card/ Pan Card/ Aadhar Card/ Driving Licence.
For more information, click the link given below;
- Application Start for NATA: 24 January 2019
- Last date to apply (Registration): 12 June 2019
- Image Uploads till: 15 June 2019
- Fee Payment allowed till: 15 June 2019
- Candidate Correction window: 15 june 2019 to 17 june 2019
- Admit Card available: 24 June 2019
- Date of Examination: 7 July 2019
- Result display: 21 July 2019