NDA Exam 2019 is an examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission twice a year for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA and Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC).
National Defence Academy
National Defence Academy at khadakwasla is a Defence Training Institute which imparts basic training for all three Services of Indian Armed Forces – Army, Air Force and Navy. India Males (NDA is not for females) who intend to join armed Forces can join NDA after 12th. To get into NDA, A three stage selection Procedure is followed, i.e. Written Exam, Service Selection Board Interview and Finally Medical examination. The selected candidates go through rigorous training for 3 years culminating in graduation with BA/BSc or BCs (Computer Science) degree of JNU Delhi (Apart from this the candidates are also trained in outdoor skills, like PT, Drills And games. The emphasis in NDA is on character building, mental and physical robustness, leadership and a sense of keen observation for leading the troops in the Battle field.
The approximate number of vacancies to be filled on the results of this examination will be as under:-
- National Defence Academy: 342 (208 for Army, 42 for Navy and 92 for Air Force)
- Naval Academy (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme): 50
- Total: 392
- Nationality: A candidate must be unmarried male and must be: a citizen of India, or a subject of Bhutan, or a subject of Nepal, or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- Age limit: Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July, 2000 and not later than 1st July, 2003 are eligible.
- For Army wing of National Defence Academy: Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination. 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- For Air force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Inidan Naval Acedemy: Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination. 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Physical Standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I), 2019 as per guidelines given. A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces is not eligible to apply.
For more information, click the link given below;
How to Apply
- Candidates are advised to go through the instructions carefully before filling up the application form.
- Candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully before filling the application form.
- In Part I registration, the candidate will have to fill basic information. On submission of details, the candidate will be prompted to check the details and make correction, if any, in the application.
- Part-II Registration consists of following Stages.
- The following steps are done in Part-II registration. Filling up payment details (except for exempted candidates), selection of examination center, uploading of photograph, signature, photo identification card document and declaration to agree.
- Filling payment details (except for exempted exemptions), selection of examination center, uploading of photo, signature, photo identity card, document and agreement.
- Two-stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test has been introduced at Selection Centres/Air Force Selection Boards/Naval Selection Boards. All the candidates will be put to stage-one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres/Air Force Selection Boards/Naval Selection Boards. Only those candidates who qualify at stage one will be admitted to the second stage/remaining tests. Those candidates who qualify stage II will be required to submit the Original Certificates along with one photocopy each of (i) Original Matriculation pass certificate or equivalent in support of date of birth, (ii) Original 10+2 pass certificate or equivalent in support of educational qualification.
- Candidates who appear before the Services Selection Board and undergo the test there, will do so at their own risk and will not be entitled to claim any compensation or other relief from Government in respect of any injury which they may sustain in the course of or as a result of any of the tests given to them at the Services Selection Board whether due to the negligence of any person or otherwise. Parents or guardians of the candidates will be required to sign a certificate to this effect.
- To be acceptable, candidates for the Army/Navy/Naval Academy and Air Force should secure the minimum qualifying marks separately in (i) Written examination as fixed by the Commission at their discretion and (ii) Officer Potentiality Test as fixed by the Services Selection Board at their discretion.
- Over and above candidates for the Air Force, and all the SSB qualified candidates as per their willingness, eligibility and preference for Air Force, should separately qualify the CPSS.
For more information, click the link given below;
- Question Type: MCQ
- Language: Hindi and English
- The Commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects at the examination.
- Negative Marking for the wrong answers
Intelligence and Personality Test
- The SSB procedure consists of two stage Selection process - stage I and stage II. Only those candidates who clear the stage I are permitted to appear for stage II. Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception * Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in OIR Test and PP&DT.
- Stage II Comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days. The details of these tests are given on the website joinindianarmy.nic.in.
The Union Public Service Commission shall prepare a list of candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as fixed by the Commission at their discretion. Such candidates shall appear before a Services Selection Board for Intelligence and Personality Test where candidates for the Army/Navy wings of the NDA and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme of Indian Naval Academy will be assessed on Officers Potentiality and those for the Air Force in addition to the above will have to qualify Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS). Candidates with Air Force as one of the choice would also undergo CPSS if they qualify SSB and are willing.
For more infromation, click the link given below
- Applications for Registration Starts from: 9 Jaunuary 2019
- Last date to Apply: 4 February 2019 (Till 6:00 pm)