The Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani is an all India Institution declared as Deemed to be University under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. BITS Pilani is India's highest ranked non-Govt. Institute as per QS BRICS, QS Asia and QS India 2019, is one of the six Institutes of Eminence, as recently announced by MHRD, Govt. of India.
Admissions to all the Integrated First Degree programmes of BITS, Pilani, at Pilani campus, Goa campus, and Hyderabad Campus for the academic year 2019-20 will be made on the basis of a Computer based Online Test conducted by BITS, Pilani.
At BITS, Pilani – Pilani Campus:
- B.E.: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing.
At BITS, Pilani – K. K. Birla Goa Campus:
- B.E.: Chemical, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical.
At BITS, Pilani – Hyderabad Campus:
- B.E.: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical.
- For admission to all the above programmes except B. Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
- For admission to B. Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate proficiency in English. However, candidates with PCM may also apply for Pharmacy program.
- Academic Qualifications: The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology subjects.
- Direct Admission to Board Toppers: First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2019 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT-2019 score as per the eligibility criteria mentioned above. Further details about this scheme will be available at BITS admission website by 15th of May 2019.
For more information, click the link given below;
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should register their names for BITSAT-2019 by applying in the prescribed application form online.
- The password that a candidate enters (8 alphanumeric characters) during BITSAT registration process will be required for further accesses including writing the BITSAT. Hence, a candidate should keep it confidential. Also take the printout of the filled-in form for your future reference.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Question Type: MCQs
- Negative Marking: Yes
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Part - II||Chemistry||40|
|Part-III||(a) English Profeciency||15|
|(b) Logical Ability||10|
|Part -IV||Maths/Biology (For B.Pharma)||45|
The BITSAT-2019 test will be conducted on the basis of NCERT syllabus for 11th and 12th class. The detailed syllabus is given in the Annexure. Candidates may refer to the NCERT textbooks for the contents. A sample test demonstrating the features of BITSAT-2019 will be made available to the registered candidates at the BITS admission website on which he/she can practice as many times as desired.
Merit List for Admission
- A candidate who appears in BITSAT-2019 is eligible for admission only if he/she gets the required minimum marks in the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- subjects of 12th examination as per the eligibility criteria described already.
- All candidates who appear in BITSAT-2019 and are interested in admission will be required to submit Admission application form with 12th marks and preferences to different degree programmes offered at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses, starting from 16th May 2019 till 18th June 2019.
- Admission decisions (Iteration 1 results) will be announced on 20th June 2019. Further details about different iterations will be announced on the admission website.
For more information, click the link given below;
The prescribed fee for BITSAT-2019 is Rs. 3150/- (three thousand one hundred fifty) for male candidates and Rs. 2650/- (two thousand six hundred fifty) for female candidates. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Applications begin for BITSAT 2019: they are opened
- Last date to Apply: 20 March 2019
- Revision/editing (online) in the application form by candidates: 22-25 March 2019
- Test center allotment and announcement to candidates: 27 March 2019
- Candidates to reserve Test date and slot: 28 March- 8 April 2019
- Download Admit Card: 12 April- 13 May 2019
- BITSAT Online Test: 16 May- 26 May 2019*
- Apply for admission with 12th Marks and Preferences: 16 May- 18 June 2019
- Admit list and Wait list announcement: 20 June 2019
* Dates and No. of days may vary from center to center