JEE Main 2018, the third Joint Entrance Examination(Main) will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) under the ministry of human resource development, GOI.
The JEE Main 2018 will be conducted the JEE Apex Board for admission to undergraduate Engineering Programs in NITs, IIITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions etc.
The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India has notified following two changes in the JEE pattern from 2018:
- There shall be no weightage for the 12th class marks in calculating the ranks in the JEE (Main) examination,
- For the candidates to qualify for the admission in the IITs/NITs/IIITs and such other CFTIs whose admissions are based on the JEE (Advanced)/JEE(Main) ranks, they should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST students the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
The States of Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttrakhand, Nagaland, Odisha & some other institutions have joined JEE (Main) system, however, their admission criteria will be notified by the concerned authorities.
Since there is no weightage of class 12th marks in calculation of ranks in JEE (Main) - 2018, so, the roll number of class 12th is not verified this year by the CBSE, however, the candidates have to show the marksheet of class 12th (regular/improvement) with 75% marks at the reporting centres at the time of counselling/admission in IITs/NITs/IIITs and other CFTIs.
JEE Main Exam Mode
- Paper -1: (B.E./B.Tech)-Both pen and Paper-based and Computer Based
- Paper -2: (B.Arch/B.Planning)-Pen and Paper based only
- Age: Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1993 are eligible. However, in the case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with disabilities (PwD) candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e. SC, ST and PwD candidates who are born on or after October 01, 1988 are eligible. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate will only be considered.
- Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination: Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2016 or 2017; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2018 are eligible to appear in JEE(Main)- 2018. Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2015 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2019 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) –2018. Candidates who appeared in class 12th/equivalent qualifying Examinations in 2015, did not pass in 2015, but passed in 2016 are also not eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2018.
- Number of Attempts: The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at JEE (Main) shall be limited to 03 (three).
How to Apply
- Candidates of JEE (Main) –2018 have to apply online only. There is no printed application form for JEE (Main). JEE Main application form filling will start from 1 December 2017 and the candidates can fill the form until 1 January 2018.
- From this year. Aadhaar Card details have been mandatory for all candidates for filling their JEE Main Application form except those of J&K, Assam and Meghalaya.
Candidates are required to take print out of the computer generated acknowledgement slip after successful submission of data and payment of fee and keep the same in the safe custody for any future reference.
- The entire application process is online, including uploading of photograph (JPEG Format, File size: 4 KB to 40 KB with dimensions: 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm) and signature (JPEG Format, File size: 1 KB to 30 KB with dimensions 3.5 cm X 1.5 cm) and payment of fee the candidates are required NOT to send any document to JEE (Main) Secretarial.
- The candidates must have their own personal and valid email id. They are also advised to have their own mobile number.
- The candidates are advised to retain the same mobile number and email-id in use which they have furnished in the application form because the important information may be given to the candidates through SMS or e-mail.
Seat Allocation Process and Admission Procedure
- Candidates shall be offered admission based on their choices and All India Ranks of JEE (Main)-2018 through a Seat Allocation Process to be announced later. The candidates will be able to make their choices online for branches/programmes and institutes at appropriate time.
- Candidates are advised to regularly visit the JEE(Main) website http://jeemain.nic.in for latest information.
- The verification of documents would be done at the time of Seat Allocation Process/admission. The purpose would be to verify different records regarding identification, age, qualifying examination, state of eligibility, category and disability (if any) of the candidate.
- On failing to produce any of the authentic documents, the candidate will not be considered for admission.
- SC, ST, OBC and PwD candidates will be required to produce original certificate issued by the competent authority at the time of Seat Allocation Process as well as at the time of admission, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
- The fee may be paid either by credit/debit card or through e-challan generated during the online filling of the application form. In case of e-challan, the payment should be made in the
- Syndicate/Canara/ICICI Bank in cash. Please note that fee submitted by any other mode like money order, demand draft, IPO etc. will be rejected.Application fee once paid will not be refunded (full or partial) under any circumstances.
- In case the examination fee is paid through credit/debit card, the candidates will need to pay an additional processing charge
For more information, clcik the link given below;
- Note down JEE Main Application form and keep it safely for future use.
- Application form number will be useful for future reference and for downloading JEE Main 2018 Admit Card.
- Keep a copy of DD or the pay slip or the transaction details if you have paid the fees online.
- Use of gadgets (like calculator and mobile phones) is strictly prohibited inside the examination hall
- JEE main application begins: 1 December 2017
- Last date to apply for JEE main: 1 January 2018
- JEE Main Exam date (Offline) Paper 1 and Paer 2: 8 April 2018, Sunday
- JEE Main Computer Based Exam: 15 & 16 April 2018 (Sunday & Monday)
- Availability of Admit Card for JEE Main on website: 2nd week of March 2018 onwards