The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) was established in 1962 by Government of West Bengal. The Board has been empowered to conduct Common Entrance Examinations for admission to Undergraduate and Postgraduate Professional and Vocational Courses both in the Undergraduate and Post graduate level.
- Citizenship: Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Age Restriction: The lower age limit is 17 (seventeen) years as on 31.12.2019. A candidate should have been born on or before 31.12.2002. There is no upper age limit in appearing in the WBJEE-2019. However, for admission to the degree level Marine Engineering Course the lower age limit is 17 (seventeen) years as on 31.12.2019 and the upper age limit is 25 Years as on 31.12.2019.
- Candidate must have passed the Qualifying Examination i.e. the ‘10+2’ examination with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application/Technical Vocational Subject as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks (in both theory and practical wherever applicable) in all the three subjects as stated above in regular class mode. Must have obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category e.g. SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD) in the above three subjects taken together.
- Candidate must have passed ‘10+2’ examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks (in both theory and practical wherever applicable) in all the three subjects as stated above in regular class mode. Must have obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category e.g. SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD) in the above three subjects taken together.
- No candidate shall be admitted to architecture course unless she/he has passed an examination at the end of the 10+2 scheme of examination with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination. Candidate must also qualify either in the NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) conducted by the Council of Architecture, New Delhi or in Paper 2 of JEE Mains
How to Apply
- Step 1:Apply for Online Registration
- Step 2:Fill Online Application Form
- Step 3:Upload Scanned Photo & Signature
- Step 4:Pay Examination Fee
- Step 5:Download Confirmation Page
This paper is divided into 2 papers
- Paper 1: Mathematics
- Paper 2: Physics & Chemistry
To know more about WBJEE
- Online application with payment of fees: 26 December 2018 to 22 January 2019
- Online correction and downloading revised confirmation page: 23 January 2019 to 25 January 2019
- Publication of Downloadable Admit Card: 14 May 2019 (tentative)
- Date of Examinations: 26 May 2019
- Publication of Results: 02 July 2019 (tentative)