Nirma University, Ahmedabad invites applications for admission to Bachelor of Design (B.Des) Program offered in Industrial Design and Communication Design in the Department of Design for the academic session 2018-19.
Design and innovation is the need of the hour not only as problem solving bust also to bring new ideas and technologies to fruition, using the design process and design thinking methods which are unique, inclusive and revolve around the actual get many technology and management inputs which would be a terrific advantage in their pursuit as problem solves.
Courses Offered and Intake
- B. Des Degree Program in Communication Design - 40 Seats
- B. Des Degree Program in Industrial Design - 40 Seats
Academic Qualification: the candidate must have passed the HSC examination (10+2) or any other recognized examination considered as equivalent by Nirma University with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
The selection process of Admission to the Bachelor of Design Programs consists of the following stages:
- The applicants are required to appear in the Entrance Test to be conducted by the Department of Design, NU. However, students who have passed their qualifying exam from outside India (pure NRI) are exempted from appearing the Entrance Test.
- The test will be held on 28th January 2018 at Ahmedabad, Bhopal, New Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Guwahati, Cochin, Hyderabad, Patna, Dehradun
Personal Interview and Portfolio Review
- The applicants shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the Entrance Test will be called for Personal Interview at Ahmadabad between 1st May to 05th May 2018
- Creative evidence (portfolio) in hard copy / digital copy will be looked at and evaluated. Portfolio could include any creative work done by the student (such as drawings, paintings, photographs, films/Videos made by the student, craft work, project, models, written work such as articles, stories, essays, poems, etc.)
- Please limit your portfolio to a maximum of 15 works in total. Additionally, the applicant shall present the necessary original documents for verification. (Do keep two sets of photocopies of original documents)
Determination of merit for admission to the B. Des program will be as under:
- Written Test: 60%
- Interview: 25%
- Portfolio Review: 15%
For more information, click the link given below;
How to Apply
- Users should register a new account to log into the application form. The login details will be used for filling the admission form and checking the status of the application later.
- After successful login the admission form will be displayed.
- Applicants need to fill their information in the online application form available on the website along with the non-refundable application processing fee of Rs.2000/- + GST @ 18% extra (Rs.2360/-) (For NRI & NRI Sponsored Students non-refundable application processing fees will be Rs.3000/- + GST @ 18% extra = Rs.3540/-)
- The payment should be made online by credit card/debit card /net banking
- Application form should be filled with correct information as per procedure listed therein
- Last Date for Application: 06th January 2018
- Date for Entrance Test: 28th January 2018
- Date for Interviews & Portfolio Review: 01st May 2017 to 05th May 2017
- Semester Begins: 01st August 2018