The Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM) has released an admission notification inviting applications from interested, eligible candidates to apply for its Bachelor of Technology (BTech), Bachelor of Architecture (BArch), Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm), Master of Technology (M Tech) and Master of Pharmacy (M Pharm) Programmes offered at Bangalore, Hyderabad and Visakhapatnam Campuses for the commencing session 2019.
GAT Online Tests: GITAM Admission Test (GAT) is a computer based online test conducted for admission to UG & PG Technology & Pharmacy Programmes in GITAM University at its Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Visakhapatnam Campuses.
- B.Tech. Programmes (4 years) in Civil Engineering; Computer Science & Engineering; Information Technology; Electrical & Electronics Engineering; Electronics & Communication Engineering; Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering; Industrial Engineering; Mechanical Engineering;
- B.Tech. Programme (4 years) in Aerospace Engineering; Civil Engineering; Computer Science & Engineering; Information Technology; Electrical & Electronics Engineering; Electronics & Communication Engineering; Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering; Industrial Engineering; Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech. Programmes (4 years) in Biotechnology; Civil Engineering; Computer Science & Engineering; Information Technology; Electrical & Electronics Engineering; Electronics & Communication Engineering; Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering; Industrial Engineering; Mechanical Engineering
- Dual Degree (B.Tech + M.Tech) Programme (6 yrs) in Electronics & Communication Engineering; Mechanical Engineering
- Institute of Pharmacy Course offered - B.Pharm (4 years); M.Pharm (2 years) in Pharmaceutics; Pharmaceutical Analysis & Quality Assurance; Pharmacology; Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
Pass in intermediate or 12th examination from a recognized central / state board or its equivalent either in 2019 or 2018 and also rank obtained in GAT (UGTP) - 2019, subject to the following criteria:
- B.Tech. programs: A minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry and first class or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
- B.Tech. in Biotechnology: A minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Mathematics/ Biology, Physics & Chemistry and first class or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
- B.Pharmacy: A minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination with Mathematics/ Biology, Physics & Chemistry subjects.
- B.Arch: A minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination with Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry subjects and also shall qualify in NATA / JEE (Main) paper - 2.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Question Type: MCQs
Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks and 1 mark will be deducted from the score for each wrong answer.
Section-A: Mathematics/Biology 40 (no of questions); 160 (marks)
Section-B: Physics 30 (no of questions); 120 (marks)
Section-C: Chemistry 30 (no of questions); 120 (marks)
Total: 100 (no of question); 400 (marks).
For information regarding the syllabus, click the link given below;
How to Apply
- Applications can be obtained by post from Director-Admissions by sending a request on plain paper giving the candidate's name with complete mailing address accompanied by DD for Rs. 150/- drawn in favour of GITAM (Deemed to be University) payable at Visakhapatnam on any scheduled bank. Request for applications by post will be accepted upto 25th March, 2019.
- The filled - in application along with a Demand Draft for Rs. 1,000/- (Rs. 600/- for female candidates), drawn in favor of GITAM, payable at Visakhapatnam on any scheduled bank, should reach on or before 30th March, 2019.
GITAM (Deemed to be University),
Gandhi Nagar Campus,
Visakhapatnam - 530 045,
Andhra Pradesh, INDIA
Candidates can also apply Online for the admission.
- Fill the Online Application Form
- Upload of Photograph
- Payment of Registration Fee through online.
Online Slot booking
- Candidates must choose a date and slot of their choice by using the GAT-2019 online booking system. E-hall ticket will not be issued the candidates without booking a slot through online booking system. Candidate has to submit his/ her application number, gender and date of birth, while logging into the online booking system.
- Candidates are required to book their slots using the online booking system as per the scheduled dates i.e., 05th to 07th April, 2019. If the candidate has not booked his / her slot on or before 07th April, 2019, the system will generate the same automatically. Please note that the online booking system will not allow the candidate to book his/ her slot after 07th April,2019.
- The hall ticket contains the hall ticket number, program applied for, address of the examination centre, date & time of the examination i.e., selected by the candidate. If any discrepancies found, the candidate should bring it to the notice of the GITAM authorities.
- Candidate should enter the application number, gender and date of birth details to download the hall ticket. Candidates should take two print outs of his/ her hall ticket. Please ensure that all details on the E-Hall Ticket including photograph is clearly visible on the print out.
- The candidate is required to bring his/ her hall ticket to the examination centre. The hall ticket will not be dispatched to candidates through post or fax.
- No candidate will be permitted to appear for the examination without a valid hall ticket.
- The hall ticket is not transferable to any other person. Impersonation is a legally punishable offence.
- The hall ticket is an important document. It must be preserved and produced at the time of counselling for seeking admission.
- Candidates shall report to the selected examination centre with two copies of the hall tickets and produce any authorised photo identity card.
For more information, click the link given below;
- Last date for receipt of filled-in applications: 30 March 2019
- Online Slot booking: 5 to 7 April 2019
- Download Admit Card from: 5 April onwards
- Online test dates: 10 to 22 April 2019
- Announcement of GAT 2019 ranks: 26 April 2019