The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG will be conducted by the NTA from 2019 onwards. This Test was being conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) till 2018. NEET (UG) is applicable for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
The responsibility of the NTA will limited to the conduct of the entrance examination, declaration of result and providing All India Rank to the Directorate General Health Services, Government of India for the conduct of counselling for 15% All India Quota Seats and for supplying the result to state/other Counselling Authorities.
From 15% All Inidan Quota seats, certain number of seats have been reserved for various categories. Candidates from these categories are allowed to participate for NEET counselling 2019 only if they are found eligible.
- OBC: 27%
- SC: 15%
- ST: 7.5%
- PH: 5%
- Age limit: He/she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course
- Academic Qualification: A candidate who is appearing in the qualifying examination, i.e., 12th Standard in 2019, whose result is awaited, may apply and take up the said test but he/she shall not be eligible for admission to the MBBS or BDS, if he/she does not pass the qualifying examination with the required pass percentage of marks at the time of first round of Counselling.
- The Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
How to Apply
Candidates can apply for NEET (UG) - 2019 “Online” only. The registration process of NEET 2019 will be completely online. It is Important for candidates to fill and submit NEET 2019 application form before the due date.
- Step 1: NEET UG Online registration
- Step 2: Filling of NEET application form 2019
- Step 3: Uploading of scanned images in NEET regsitration form
- Step 4: Payment of NEET UG application fee- Online Mode i.e. Debit/Credit card and Net Banking OR through Cash Deposit through e-challan
- Step 5: Printout of confirmation page of submitted NEET 2019 application form. If candidate fails to complete all the steps upto step 4, the final Submission of Online Application will remain incomplete and unsuccessful.
- For UR/OBC(NCL): Rs.1,400 (INR)
- For SC/ST/PwD/Transgender: Rs.750 (INR)
Please keep all these documents for future reference:
(i) Proof of remittance of fee
(ii) Computer Generated Confirmation Page of NTANEET Online Application
(iii) Copy of the System generated Self Declaration in respect of candidates from state J & K who have opted for seats under 15% All India Quota Candidate is allowed to submit only one Application Form. Multiple Applications of a candidate are liable to be rejected.
- Mode of examination: Pen and Paper based test
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
- Total number of questions: 180 MCQs
- Each question carries 4 marks. For each correct response the candidate will get 4 marks.
- For each incorrect response one mark will be deducted for the total score.
- Sections: 45 questions from Physics, 45 questions from Chemistry and 90 questions from Biology (Botany and Zoology)
- Total Marks: 720
- The NTA will provide the facility of downloading Admit Cards of NEET (UG) -2019 on the NTA website. Candidates are required to download the Admit Cards from the website and follow the instructions given therein. Candidates may please note that Admit Cards will not be sent by post.
- When candidate will download the Admit Card, a copy of the same in PDF format will also be emailed to the candidate on the registered email id.
- The Admit Card will bear the candidate’s Roll Number, Name, Father’s Name, Category, Sub-Category, Photograph, Signature, Date of Birth, Language of Question Paper with Name and Address of examination Centre allotted.
NTA will release the NEET result on 5 June 2019. NEET result 2019 will be released in the form of a scorecard. NEET scorecard includes subject-wise and overall marks. NEET cut offs scores will also be relaeased along with the NEET result.
For more information, click the link given below;
- Registration Started: 1 November 2018
- Last date to apply: 1 December 2018
- Correction in paticulars of Application form on website only: 14 January 2019 to 31 January 2019
- Printing of admit cards from NTA website: 15 April 2019
- Date of Examination: 5 May 2019
- Declaration of result on NTA website: By 5 June 2019