The National Institute of Fashion Technology is a leader in fashion education with the ability to integrate knowledge, traditional arts, contemporary thought, academic freedom, innovations in design & technology and creative thinking to continuously upgrade its curriculum to address the changing needs of the industry.
National Institute of Fashion Technology invites application from for NIFT Entrance Exam 2018 for admission to the Bachelor Degree Programme in Design Management and Technology at NIFT Institute for academic session 2019-20.
Bachelor of Design (4 years)
- Accessory Design
- Knitwear Design
- Leather Design
- Textile Design
- Fashion Communication
- Fashion Design
Bachelor of Fashion Technology (4 years)
- Age Limit: 23 years as on 1st October, 2018. The upper age limit may be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/ Person With Disability (PWD)
- Academic Qualification (For B.Des): The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- Academic Qualification (For B.FTech.): The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- For candidates to the UG Design programmes, the selection process comprises a written examination comprising of a Creative Ability Test (CAT) and General Ability Test (GAT), followed by a situation test to be undertaken by shortlisted candidates of the written examination.
- For candidates to the UG Fashion Technology programme, the selection process comprises a written examination comprising of a General Ability Test (GAT).
|For BDes: CAT||50%|
|For BDes: GAT||30%|
|For BFTech GAT||100%|
For General Ability Test GAT i.e for B.Des
- Language of Written Test: English
- Test Duration: 120 minutes
|GK and Currant Affairs||15|
The number of questions may vary in each section and for each course year to year. The level of difficulty in questions for courses may vary.
General Ability Test for B.FTech
- Language of Test: English
- Test Duration: 180 minutes
|Section||No. of Questions|
|Communication and Comprehension||45|
|Analytical and Logical Ability||25|
|GK and Caurrent Affairs||25|
Creative Ability Test for B.Des
This test is administered for both UG Design Programmes to judge the intuitive ability, power of observation in concept development and design ability of the candidate. An important aspect of the test is the creative and innovative use of colour and illustration skills.
For more information, click the link given below;
How to Apply
- STEP 1: New Candidate to Create Log In (New Log In). Fill the details to register for any programme. You must have a valid email ID for applying online. Press the button “Submit”. Once the information filled here will not be changed.
STEP 2: Already Logged In candidate log in to complete the process of filling online application form (Log In to your account). Upload Images, Signature, Make Payment. Payment can be done Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking. In case of Demand Draft, Make demand draft in favour of “NIFT HO”, payable at New Delhi of applicable application fee (2000/- in case of GEN/OBC(Non-Creamy) candidates and 1000/- in case of SC/ST/PwD candidates).The details of the Demand Draft are to be filled in the online application form. Candidates applying through Demand Draft are required to send the printout of the Application Form, duly completed in all respect, along with Demand Draft on the following address so as to reach on or before 03 January 2019
Project Manager - CMS
All India Management Association
14, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi - 110003
STEP 3: Check the status of your application
STEP 4: Download (Print) the Admit Card (Click here to download the Admit Card after 10th January 2019)
- Rs. 2000 for GEN/OBC
- Rs. 1000 for SC/ST/PwD
- Applications starts from: 22 October 2018
- Last date to Apply: 28 December 2018
- Last date to Apply with Late Fee: 3 January 2019
- Window to edit Application Form: 29 December 2018 to 3 January 2019
- Admit Card availability from: 10 January 2019
- Exam date: 20 January 2019
- Results will be displayed: February/March 2019
- Situation Test/GD/Interview: April/May 2019