Indian Institute of Art and Design (IIAD), New Delhi invites applications for admission to Bachelor of Arts (B.A Honours) offered in Fashion Design, Interior Architecture & Design and Communication Design Programmes for the academic session 2018.
The Indian Institute of Art and Design (IIAD) in collaboration with Kingston University, London, offers a creative, studio based education through its three rigorous Bachelor degree Programmes in Fashion Design, Interior Architecture & Design, and Communication Design.
1st Year - Foundation Diploma in Design
- B.A. (Hons) Fashion Design
- B.A. (Hons) Communication Design
- B.A. (Hons) Interior Architecture and Design
- Candidates must have passed the CBSE/ISC/IB (or any other equivalent board) 10+2 examination in any discipline.
- Candidates who have recently appeared for the examination and are awaiting their results may also apply.
How to Apply
Online applicants are required to submit their applications through the IIAD admissions portal.
The online application fee payment of Rs.2,000/- must be made through credit/debit/netbanking facilities of all major banks. The application fee can also be paid in cash or through a demand draft for Rs.2,000/- in the name of:
Teamwork Education Foundation, Payable at New Delhi
- Mention your name, application form number and cell phone/contact number on the back of the demand draft.
- The 'Statement of Purpose' essays should be clearly typed, and submitted with the completed application form.
Forms can be procured from the following locations:
B-26 Okhla Phase 1, New Delhi -110020
15A Ring Road, Lajpat Nagar IV, New Delhi -110024
The IIAD follows a TWO-STEP evaluation procedure for admission to its courses. Candidates will have to clear :
- The IIAD Design Aptitude Test (iDAT)
- A comprehensive interview and portfolio assessment before our panel of art and design professionals
- Students applying for Interior Architecture & Design can be exempted from the iDAT written test based on their NATA score. Should they attain the required cut off score they will progress directly for their Portfolio Assessment and Interview.
The iDAT is a mandatory two hours and thirty minutes test for all applicants, and consists of two sections :
- Section A on Logical Reasoning and Section B on Creative Thinking and Problem Solving. The examination will be administered at prescribed testing centres only.
- The IIAD Admission Committee will review each student's aptitude for observation, drawing and design skills, imaginative and creative expression, and visual and communication strengths.
- Test papers and answer sheets will be supplied by the IIAD Examination Centre on the day of testing.
iDAT examinations centres
- New Delhi
IIAD reserves the right to cancel/add/change any entrance test centres(s) for administrative reasons.
Personal interview/ portfolio assessment
- Personal interview : The applicant will be evaluated on his/her understanding of basic art and design concepts and industry awareness. Emphasis will be placed on the individual's maturity, confidence and communication skills.
- Personal portfolio : Each candidate appearing for a personal interview MUST carry his/her creative portfolio. A quality portfolio carries substantial weightage in the total evaluation at the interview/assessment stage.
- Portfolio work can include sketches/drawings, paintings, art collages, needle-work, three-dimensional projects, digital design, web design, graphic design, sculpture and/or photography.
- A portfolio need not match professional standards, but must reflect a candidate's interest and aptitude for art and design as well as a flair for visual expression and overall aesthetic sensibility.
- Here's an interesting video on How to create an impressive portfolio for Design Entrance Exams'.
For more information, click the link given below;
- Application Forms (Online and Offline) Available from: 15th October 2017 (Sunday)
- Application Deadline: 31st March 2018 (Saturday)
- IIAD Entrance Exam (iDAT): Second Week of April 2018