JEE Advanced Registration | 2018
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is an engineering entrance examination conducted for admission to various engineering colleges in India. It is constituted by two different examinations - JEE Main and the JEE Advanced. The exams are of the objective pattern. JEE Advanced is regarded internationally as one of the most challenging undergraduate admission tests.
IIT Madras is the organizing institute of JEE (Advanced) 2018. Admission in Bachelor's, Integrated Master's and Dual Degree Programmes in the IITs and Indian School of Mines is offered through the IIT JEE Advanced .
Eligibility Criteria :
All the candidates, including foreign nationals, must fulfill each and every one of the following five criteria to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2018
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI for Appearing in JEE (Advanced) 2018 .
Criterion 1 - Performance in JEE (Main) 2018:
- Candidates should be among the top 2,24,000* (including all categories) in Paper-1 of JEE (Main) 2018
- The percentages of various categories of candidates to be shortlisted are: 27% for OBC-NCL, 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and the remaining 50.5% is OPEN for all. Within each of these four categories, 5% horizontal reservation is available for PwD candidates.
- The following table show the order to be followed while choosing top 2,24,000* candidates in various categories based on the performance in Paper-1 of JEE (Main) 2018.
Criterion 2 - Age Limit:
- Candidates should have been born on or after 01st October 1993. 5 years relaxation is given to SC/ST and PwD candidates, i.e., these candidates should have been born on or after 01st October 1988
Criterion 3 - Number of Attempts:
A candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) a maximum of two times in consecutive years
Criterion 4 - Appearance in Class XII (or equivalent) Exam:
- A candidate should have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in either 2017 or 2018
- However, if the exam Board of Class XII (or equivalent) declares the results for the academic year 2015-16 after June 2016, then the candidates of that board who appeared for their class XII exam in 2016 are also eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2018, provided they meet the other eligibility criteria
- In case, the Exam Board of Class XII (or equivalent) declared the results for the academic year 2015-16 before June 2016 but the result of a particular candidate was withheld, then the candidate will not be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2018
Criterion 5 - Earlier admission at IITs:
- A candidate should NOT have been admitted in an IIT irrespective of whether or not he/she continued in the program OR accepted an IIT seat by reporting at a reporting centre in the past. Candidates whose admission at IITs was cancelled after joining any IIT are also NOT eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2018 .
- Candidates who have been admitted to a preparatory course in any of the IITs for the first time in 2017 can appear in JEE (Advanced) 2018.
- The candidates who paid seat acceptance fee in 2017 but (i) did not report at any reporting centre OR, (ii) withdrew before the last round of seat allotment, OR, (iii) had their seat cancelled (for whatever reason) before the last round of seat allotment for IITs, during the joint seat allocation in 2017 are eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2018 .
- However, in any of the above cases, the candidate is required to fulfil the conditions mentioned from criterion 1 to criterion 4 .
SC/ST Candidates: For candidates belonging to SC and ST categories, 15% and 7.5 seats, respectively, are reserved in every program in all IITs and ISM Dhanbad. Candidates belonging to these categories will be declared qualified on the basis of a relaxed criterion
OBC (NCL) Candidates: For candidates belonging to OBC (Non-Creamy Layer), 27% of the seats are reserved in all IITs, and ISM Dhanbad. For the purpose of reservation of seats in JEE Advanced, a candidates will be considered as OBC only in he/she belongs to the non-creamy layer of this category
Personas with Disability (PwD): In each institute 3% of seats in every category are reserved for Persons with Disability (PwD); for any type of disability (viz, locomotor, visual, dyslexia, speech, and / or hearing) benefit would be given those who have at least 40% physical impairment
Candidates who are Persons with Disability will be required to submit the original certificate issued by a district medical board/competent authority in the prescribed format at the time of admission
Preferential Allotment of Seats: Defence Service (DS) category candidates are children of defence / paramilitary personnel killed or permanently disabled in action during war or peacetime operations; two seats are available for preferential allotment in each Institute for DS category candidates
To avail of this preferential allotment, a DS category candidate must be in the Common Merit List of JEE (Advanced) 2018
Admission Procedure :
IIT JEE application form information is given below:
- Candidates can register for JEE Advanced 2018 through online mode only.JEE Advanced 2018 Registration will be started from the 02nd May 2018
- Candidates will fill & submit the application form till the 07th May 2018 .
- No other mode will be entertained to get the JEE Advanced application form. During registration, candidates have to upload their scanned images in a given format .
- Keep the printout of the JEE Advanced Application Form 2018 for future use.Candidates fill the application form correctly, no correction will be allowed after form submission .
For more information :
Important Dates :
Online Registration Starts: 02nd May 2018
Online Registration Closes: 07th May 2018
Last Date for fee payment of registered candidates: 08th May 2018
Admit Card Availability: 14th - 20th May 2018
JEE Advanced (Paper 1 & Paper 2): 20th May 2018
Paper 1: 09:00 AM to 12:00 Noon
Paper 2: 02:00 PM to 05:00 PM
Copy of candidate responses to be sent to the candidates: 22nd - 25th May 2018
Answer Key Released: 29th May 2018
Receiving feedback from candidates on answer keys: 29th - 30th May 2018
Declaration of Result: 10th June 2018
Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) Online Registration Date: 10th - 11th June 2018
Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) Exam Date: 14th June 2018
AAT Result Declaration Date: 18th June 2018
Seat Allotment Starts: 19th June - 15th July 2018